67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

67Rolla-Ken

Members dont see this ad
  • 5 weeks later...

We've had some delays with all the public holidays but I should be getting her back at the end of the week :D

Here's how she was sitting yesterday, dusty but everything looking perfect. Front end needed to be pulled a few centimeters. Yes the bolts in the front bumper are wrong, I've got the new chrome dome bolts at home somewhere...

67RollaApril14_zps277aaeec.jpg

I feel your pain! its the little bits that take forever isnt it? Stuff like wiring, running fuel, battery lines , guages , and all that often forgotten

stuff that take soooo much time! Meanwhile your looking at something that looks pretty much good to go! Just wait till you drive it ,

and someone comments on it thats why we do it really eh?

• 3 months later...

Updates!

Got plenty done on the weekend.

Parcel shelf is done and fitted. Masonite board with 2cm thick foam, speakers cut in to the foam then speaker cloth over the whole thing.

Can't see the speakers at all!

Back seat is in.

Fitted the passenger door rubber and bailey channel rubber. Started on fitting the stock radio, thinks aren't lining up properly but I'll make it fit.

Noticed the 67 had an option to have a speaker fitted under the dash in the middle so I'm going to get this fitted.

Not much to go now!!

I'm off to Geraldton for my Pop's 80th on the 9-10th of Sept. Plan is to have her ready and drive her up as Pop's a mad Rolla fan like me :)

Any time after that she should be ok... there'll always be something that needs improving but I've decided to just get her back on the road and enjoy her!

• 3 weeks later...

Not the best video but I took 67Rolla out for a couple runs around the block.

She isn't tuned so the idle is rather high and she still wants to stall on takeoff but other than that she feels great.

Off to the trimmer tomorrow, then I just need to get her tuned and tidy up a few little things!