67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

67Rolla-Ken

Members dont see this ad

smoking or steaming!? Is it white and dissapears quite quickly!?

You might have blown a head gasket, getting it too hot when the hose blew.

Check oil, water and 710 cap for "mayonaise syndrome" jizz under the cap. :'(

Don't stress too much if it is though, I fix blow HG's on my cars for under $100 :lol:

Not qood, hopefully it is a simple cheap fix.

For hoses use ke30 ones. Trim the top one to suit. On the bottom one I cut it in two taking out a bit, and join with a piece of pipe and a couple of extra hose clamps.... Sort of a weird explanation, but if you have a ke10 and a ke30 bottom hose side by side you'll understand.

Was ready to scrap the car yesterday!!

Decided to drain the rad before changing the bottom hose. But as I'm completely new to this mechanic stuff, I didn't know the drain plug thing is just for show. I tried to undo it and the whole thing moved around the solder and started to leak! So I had to take the radiator out for a third time, took it over to my father-in-law's (my "I've fuked it, can you please fix it?" guy) and he soldered it back up.

Other than that, the bottom hose, unlike the top, was a perfect fit, and easy to get on with the rad unbolted.

I'm now trying to find somewhere to do me a Rat Fink style drawing for behind my front wheel arches :P

I'm now trying to find somewhere to do me a Rat Fink style drawing for behind my front wheel arches 07-nyahnyah.gif

Won't quite fit in with the style of the rims and stripes methinks. :P

Maybe you should paint it suede black with some faux patina, buy a mack brush to do some pinstriping, add flappers and moondiscs. On the inside a set of mexican blankets, an 8 ball on an extended shift lever, with a tiki hanging off the rear view mirror. While you're at it add a set of half moons to your headlights, and some blue dots to your tail lights. Don't forget skull door locks and a set of dice valve caps. Lakes pipes would really set it all off and go with a Rat Fink graphic nicely.

Edit: I told the missus about this and she said you'd need a set of iron cross mirrors, or peep mirrors with visors.

Edited by Felix