67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

67Rolla-Ken

Members dont see this ad
Won't quite fit in with the style of the rims and stripes methinks. :)

Maybe you should paint it suede black with some faux patina, buy a mack brush to do some pinstriping, add flappers and moondiscs. On the inside a set of mexican blankets, an 8 ball on an extended shift lever, with a tiki hanging off the rear view mirror. While you're at it add a set of half moons to your headlights, and some blue dots to your tail lights. Don't forget skull door locks and a set of dice valve caps. Lakes pipes would really set it all off and go with a Rat Fink graphic nicely.

Edit: I told the missus about this and she said you'd need a set of iron cross mirrors, or peep mirrors with visors.

Ahaha. And a set of SPATS!

seriously though, flat black with a bit of pinstriping could be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after we stripped back the inch thick bog (not exagerating), we found the front of the passenger gaurd was pushed in and rusted thru. Both are stretched, beaten and too thin to weld. Could be fixed if I had an extra month to spend on repairing them, which I don't have, or was willing to build them out of bog again (not much point going bare metal then doing that).

Soooo...... I'm kinda screwed at the moment.

Sorry folks I'm too stuffed to sort out the pics at the moment.

I have a week until I buy my paint and I'm re-thinking my colour choice. What do we think of a brilliant (Arctic) white, with one large orange stripe with orange pin-stripes either side?

l HH l sorta thing, but up over the passenger side (so it goes over the scoop, which will be positioned above the carby, on the mat black second bonnet).

EDIT: The main reason for the re-think is I now have the chrome trim that goes down the sides, therefore I can make her look more original. With her being the oldest, registered & running Rolla on here, that might be a good idea.

Edited by Dunadan

Don't go a a straight white with no tinters. It would look a lot better in a creamy white. Have a look around at colour charts and find a nice white from the era of the car.

Definitely put the chrome trim back on. They look so much better with it.

I have a ke10 that was painted in high opacity white before I got it. I think it looks cheap and tacky on an old 60's car.

A good thing about it I guess is that the paint is cheap, and it makes for easy touchups down the line. No rooting around with colour matching.

After having a pearl white car, "easy touchups" is the main thing I was after with this respray. That pearl was a pain in the ass!

I'm still not sure how it will look... I think with the interior I am planning (white vinyl with orange piping, + orange stripes matching stripes on outside of car) it will look quite striking.

Don't go a a straight white with no tinters. It would look a lot better in a creamy white. Have a look around at colour charts and find a nice white from the era of the car.

Definitely put the chrome trim back on. They look so much better with it.

Agreed. :hmm:

It is coming up well :y: , how much

did the rims set you back ?