Matts Sr20de Ke25

Been way too busy this week, hardly had a chance to look at the car....

Finished welding the gravity fed surge tank up, should work a treat i recon.

CIMG2250.jpg

CIMG2251.jpg

And after much looking for a cheaper one i eventually picked up an r31 diff from the wreckers.

They are a bit hard to find it seems :wink: $220 later.......

So I will be cutting it down when i get back,

about 200mm shorter from rough calculations, will work it out properly once i start cutting.....

CIMG2249.jpg

Also have been dummy fitting up the motor too, will be making the mounts after my holiday.

CIMG2252.jpg

CIMG2253.jpg

Anyways off to fiji in about a days time :P

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm back gents, a bit wet over there apparently.

R31 diff is precisely 1465mm.

My diff measured 1335 due to having ke30 rear brakes.

I have cut 180mm out of it, the previous offset on the rear was very much a FWD offset,

i have 2005 lancer wheels on the back and they fit perfectly :P

So i have made my new diff 1285mm long, this will mean the front and rear is now the same offset.

some pics:

mounts cut off with the trusty 9 inch

CIMG2396.jpg

measure lots,

the short axel goes in the long side, which shortens the diff by 60mm to start with.

This means only one axel needs a respline.

The other axel gets cut down the rest of the length required which is 120mm.

This means the pinion will be 30mm off centre, which is stuff all.

chop chop

CIMG2400.jpg

and the final result

CIMG2399.jpg

Getting it welded tomorrow, my uncle has a jig made up for these diffs, so that will be the housing done.

The engine fitment has come to a halt though, the auto really is a big prick,

and I'm considering going manual to save myself the dramas.

The problem with going manual is that i will have to revise my brake master cylinder sooner than i wanted to,

as it appears to me that the hydrolic clutch should go where the current master cylinder is atm,

and the brakes should go beside that.

:( still in two minds so far, will have to think about the whole auto vs manual thing some more.....

I have been offered a daily driver astra for free, so i might get a rwc for that,

and juggle back to working on the ke30. :D still undecided............

good work on with the diff, ive just finished cut/grinding off the old mounts on my hilux.

My diff is 1415 wide, almost 100mm wider than stock but the wheels i bought for the rear AGES ago have a very positive offset. Ended up working out perfectly, diff width and wheel offfset makes perfect fitment for the 7inch wide rims. sometimes your just lucky.

^^^yep, it seems a new tunnel is what may be required to fit the auto.

The old man told me the auto looks like it wouldnt fit, but i thought she'll be right.

Anyway, I'm not going to cut the tunnel out, I have drawn the line there,

this car is not intended to go to that level, it is merely receiving a minor power/reliability upgrade.

So i guess manual is the option remaining.

The reason i went auto is to retain the externally factory look, with the toyoglide shifter, pee shooter ect,

its only a daily driver, and wont be overly fast, so an auto would have been good for cruising.

Oh well......

Yep, you're onto it brad,

I'm chasing a ca20 bluebird series 3 box, they have a forward shifter position that is good for a corolla.

They do require a bellhousing swap as the bellhousing is a bit different,

but i have a blown sr20 box here ready to donate.

I just havnt found one yet........

• 8 years later...

I just found someone linked this thread, so i read through it like i was reading it for the first time, brings back memorys! it stops 8 years ago so some update. 

On the 5k efi thing the old microtech screwdriver computer was never the problem, it ran well for days and them suddenly ran like rubbish. I ended up ditching the efi because i needed the car to drive.  I found out years later it was just the fuel pump relay had died, i went to use it for something else and it didn't work,  how i didn't find that at the time beats me. 

I never did put an sr20 in it,  i no longer needed the car for transport so it went into storage in the back of the shed for 4ish years with no engine or gearbox in it. 

About 3 or 4 years ago i needed a cheap to run car as my supercharged pajero is pretty thirsty, the local project i was working on was about 45mins away and i had to carry no tools.   so i pulled the ke25 out of the shed,  i bought a 4k engine and 5speed off a forum member and it has been my daily driver ever since, for the duration of that project the car was crazy economical,  i would drive 1 1/2 hrs a day and fill the car up (30ish litres) just under once a foughtnight. Recently it doesn't run so well,  needs basic maintainence, it may go back into the shed soon though as i will need a van for work soon.  

Here is a pic i just took off it sitting out the front,  lawn needs a mow!

20171106_080127.jpg

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!
  • Like 1