Club Day, Simmons, Yesterday

Taz_Rx

Went out to simmons yesterday to watch a work mate race in his 2jztte XU1 torana....if you haven't seen the vid I put up of it befor, here it is.....

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/taz_rx/torana/

>Steves rana

He went out with another guy he knew in an R33 GTR, and they wanted to see which was faster. After 4 laps the 'rana pulled maybe 15-20 seconds clear front the GTR!!!!!! Although in the skylines defence, the tyres on it were shagged - were Continental sportscompacts2 which are only available in Japan, hence car was imported 5+ years ago with these tyres on it!

Steve's best for the day was a 1:06!

Now some of you would have seen this corona befor, he regularly goes to the drags and track days. If you haven't seen it befor it has a 1ggtte which ran low 14's on the twins. Last time I saw it at the drags he had this big single on and dropped to high 12's!!! :jamie:

anyway, he's continued to mod it, now has custom plates, front splitter, same wheels - WIDENED (3 piece), and a decent amout of flaring!!! Looks very tough now IMHO. something very different for a corona anyway!

0203081506-01.jpg

0203081506-00.jpg

Rear wheels now look to be at least 8"s!

And one more pic of it sitting next to a very neat little ke10 which had a twin weber fed 4age. Although the corona runs 12 second quarters, the little rolla never left his arse around the track!!!

0203081417-00.jpg

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Corona is great!

I have seen it on very rare occasions driving on the street. Can't rememberif that was in hobart or up north. I think there is one like it on the north coast? maybe that is the one. Didn't realise its donk though.