Whats Engines Are Legal

corolln

Members dont see this ad

Yeah the person above me is right. ALSO you need to tell us how old you are, or whether or not you are under the new P plate laws.

NO engine conversions allowed if it needs a blue plate.

NO engine is allowed an out put of 200kW

Not allowed turbo or supercharger

Not allowed an engine above a V6 - Inline 6

In Queensland my KE55 hardtop has a 4k in it from factory and I can't even go to 5k. BUT I am on new law restrictions as because of my age.

So really you need to be more.. specific.

Yeah the person above me is right. ALSO you need to tell us how old you are, or wether or not you are under the new P plate laws.

NO engine conversions aloud if it needs a blue plate.

NO engine is aloud an out put of 200kW

Not aloud turbo or supercharger

Not aloud an engine above a V6 - Inline 6

In Queensland my KE55 hardtop has a 4k in it from factory and I can't even go to 5k. BUT I am on new law restrictions as because of my age.

So really you need to be more.. specific.

Once again it depeds on where you are, this ^^ may not apply to you depending on where you are.

So no loud V6s or inlines 6s haha.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure those laws don't apply in SA.

5K should be fine mate, shouldn't be any different to 4K, just have to change the engine number on the rego, costs nothing?

Found a new KE30 Cam or is this for my old one?

Cheers, Ben.

yeah new worked engine for SMO. them drop that into a new 30 when i find someting MINTA... fair keen on a ke36 wagon or a 2dr sedan.

so why can u drop 13b/12a into liek a lil mazda 1300 with no enginnerin just a rego change? that would surely put out more than 10% power increase... or am i wrong..

yeah THIS IS ALL IS S.A :P

here we go again opening up the can of hearsay worms and "my mate reckons its proper legal because......."

Read this article starting at page four.

Because no will read it, the story goes: Some changes are allowed (aloud haha) within reason. There is a number to call to find out.

I called them already, it is legal to run a 5k in a 1975 ke30, just ring up and change the engine number

FYI, a disc brake front ke10 is not legal with a 5k, BUT doesnt need an engineers report. It is possible to take the car for a 200 buck Regency inspection, they will issue a list of requirements (SOR) of what they need fixed, and you can then do the swap and fix the list of items and you then have it legal.

Obviously an engineers report is for more serious changes.

And yes, this is for SA.

Edited by philbey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LEGAL LOL!!! everything is legal in SA..... lol if you don't get caught!!! and you got enough $$$ anything can be legal. Best thing to do is whack a 3S-GTE into a rolla put some massive rotors on the front, revamp and upgrade your suspension do a hilux rear end and then take it to an engineering place pay $1500 get a certificate then take it threw the inspection place we call it Regency here and boya show them the paper and tell them to STFU and boya legal. OR just buy an awesome car from factory. Save your money man. cars..... money... hmm I'm gonna buy a house lol.