Sitting, Wishing, Waiting

joeschmo_57

hey folks.

I'm new to the rolla world, but a good mate of mine (andy, ae174agze) has slowly convinced me to join. it took a while, but eventually common sense prevailed. i mean come on, weve all tried (and failed) to kill a 4k havent we???

but there is a problem, i don't actually have a rolla. this is a problem that could be easy fixed.

I'm looking for a ke70. preferebly with a 4k and a 5 spd. andrew said that he knows of many rolla resting places, but I'm sure theres many he doesnt know of.

anyway guys, any help will be greatly appreciated.

for the love of rolla's

- joe

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah about time u came over to the not dark side ahahah

the not dark side??

don't you mean the cheap, unbreakable, fun side???

in your sig you got retrimmed doors. is that the felt panelling that you knocked up one weekend?

cheers man

classssssic

- joe

man, i never knew how cheap it was to get cams and shit for a 4k/5k!!!!!!!!

cheaper than buying....alcohol!!! well a few weeks worth anyway.

so is there anyone in darwin that still looking to sell a ke70, or an ae71 or a 5k????

anything would be much appreciated.

cheers, joe

Hi Joe, welcome (again). :cool:

Don't know of any KE70/AE71's for sale at the moment. For a 5K, Gregor (Sbox) is the man to talk to. Andrew knows him, and he occassionally logs in on here to say hello. Give him a try, he might be able to hook you up.

For a 5K, Gregor (Sbox) is the man to talk to. Andrew knows him, and he occassionally logs in on here to say hello. Give him a try, he might be able to hook you up.

cheers ancullen. will definately do. he has offered me a 5k with some sidedrafts, cam etc. sounds the goods. all it needs is a rebore. so I'm plenty happy. probs give him a ring during the week.

oh and cheers for getting the word out for me man. a brother does need help every once in a while :hmm: :D

- joe

Edited by joeschmo_57

It's all good - anything to see another hot Corolla on the roads of Darwin. And I can hook you up with some Borg-Warner diffs if you need (mostly KE55 ones, but the centres can be swapped into KE70/AE71 housings). And I've got HEAPS of 4x114.3 stud pattern wheels if you ever want some.

It's all good - anything to see another hot Corolla on the roads of Darwin. And I can hook you up with some Borg-Warner diffs if you need (mostly KE55 ones, but the centres can be swapped into KE70/AE71 housings). And I've got HEAPS of 4x114.3 stud pattern wheels if you ever want some.

hmmmmm some wheels and a diff would be appreciated. andy tells me you got some nice supra ones? but i would kind of be getting ahead of myself i recon. i need to start at the start with a shell. preferebly one with a k-series gearbox, a nice borgi LSD, some coilovers, flared gurads aaaaaand a few hotwires for good measure :hmm: . preferebly the shell for free too :D . its a dream. i will be hard pressed to find one from the sounds of it, if none of you guys know of any. but hay, all in good time i guess.

andy tells me that there is a cheap way out of buying coilovers. something to do with corona struts....

what do you recon would be the best way to go with a suspension setup?

- joe

Andrew's telling big fibs. :D

Fib #1: I've got some Datsun 240Z rims, not Supra ones. I'd LOVE a set of Supra ones, but I wouldn't be selling them. :hmm: Mmm, 14x7.0 goodness. :y:

Fib #2: The Corona struts use a larger diameter shock than the Corolla ones. As it's easier to find adjustable shocks to suit this larger diameter strut, they are the ones that get used for coilover conversions. HOWEVER, I wouldn't say that they're cheaper than other coilovers. You can buy D2 AE86 coilvers fairly cheaply, but there is some doubt about the quality. AJPS coilover conversions are meant to be EXCELLENT, so spend the little bit extra (compared to D2's) and get some quality stuff.

I've got a K40 gearbox I'm throwing away this Saturday (if it hasn't already gone). If it's still there and you want it, you can have it for nothing. It's been out in the weather though, so it's probably rooted.

Yep, Corona lower control arms for negative camber. I've got a funny feeling KE30/55 ones are longer than KE70/AE71 ones, Corona ones are longer again, then there's the two types of Sigma arms for even more camber - too much in most cases.

And someone really should catalogue my rims - there's SOOO many now!