Ke55 Clutch Cable How Do You Adjust It?

Richard

Hi I'm in the middle of doing a manual conversion on my ke55 atm i have the box in the car and tail shaft in pedal box in also noticed i have to wire up the auto wires coz the car wont start but i will get to that later ok now when i put the clutch cable in the clutch feels soft and floppy is there any way i can adjust the clutch coz it wont go into gear it will go into gear when the car is off but when you start it i can't put it into gear its either the clutch cable of i havent put the box in right hopefully i don't have to rip it off again but i noticed there was a 10mm gap when i put the box i couldnt push it any further so i tightend the bolts up and it all went into place maybe this where i stuffed up but yeah i just think its the cable but then again i don't know if ive put the cable in right. i'll take some pictures to explain soon.

Members dont see this ad

Wiring issue - You need to "hot wire" neutral for the auto shifter for it to start. :abuse:

10mm out was probably sitting out of the spline.

The clutch cable has probably lost the proper clip, so get yourself a small hose clamp.

Standing in front of the car, pull the cable towards you, and keep an eye on the clutch fork.

I normally pull on it as hard as I can, then back it off a little bit to set it. You won't be able to disengauge the clutch yourself, so even if you put it on as hard as you can it should be still off. Have a play around and see what feels nice on the pedal.

The clutch cable has probably lost the proper clip, so get yourself a small hose clamp.

Standing in front of the car, pull the cable towards you, and keep an eye on the clutch fork.

I normally pull on it as hard as I can, then back it off a little bit to set it. You won't be able to disengauge the clutch yourself, so even if you put it on as hard as you can it should be still off. Have a play around and see what feels nice on the pedal.

yep,

just to make sure, your pulling it from where it goes into the firewall not from wher it goes down to the box.

usually there should be small ridges on the part that goes into the fwall, a circlip is placed on these to stop it from going through the firewall anymore

i have a cir clip and a hose clamp on mine just in case

ill take a pic because ive got nothing else to do,

pics:

second one shows that i could still adjust my clutch further

post-3838-1207553389_thumb.jpg

post-3838-1207553425_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shizotimang

thanks everyone for all your help...job done and now i can finally drive the car..except i just need to get a gearbox cross memeber made up prolly try weld up some thicker metal plates near the floor or on the chassis rail to give it strength then bolt up a bar to hold the box up coz the manual one falls short worst case scenario drop it off at the workshop and get them to do it. but anyway all you guys have been great help what would you do with out this site helped so much!!! thanks again