• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steal my idea biatch :wink:

Umm, no :P maybe...

Just tossing up some idea's but they do look pretty good.. :dance:

I was thinking today if I did get them i could get some Matt black contact (the stuff you cover books with) and put it over the cluster just exposing the white parts. There's an idea for ya.. :y:

Umm, no :P maybe...

Just tossing up some idea's but they do look pretty good.. :dance:

I was thinking today if I did get them i could get some Matt black contact (the stuff you cover books with) and put it over the cluster just exposing the white parts. There's an idea for ya.. :y:

Nah it will be alot easier to get them to do it.

Its good to see it coming along always happy to lend a hand if you ever need one (might even throw in the other hand for laughs) :y:

Thanks man, likewise to you too!

Nah it will be alot easier to get them to do it.

Yeah that would be a lot easier.

If you look at one of the AE92 links I posted for Moe you will see a speedo that has been blacked out similar, When i get some spare time I will try to show you what I finally wanna send off as a template as the one I posted up in Moes thread was a quick one I did 3 months ago when Slim & I were looking at getting them, There was a guy up here that was located at Indooroopilly that did custom dials that i was negotiating making an AE82 one but I couldn't spare my dash for 2 weeks at that time and that was 2 years ago so its good to see someone has finally made them, Oh and i will try to get that pic of the exhaust tomorrow for you, Just been busy.

If you look at one of the AE92 links I posted for Moe you will see a speedo that has been blacked out similar, When i get some spare time I will try to show you what I finally wanna send off as a template as the one I posted up in Moes thread was a quick one I did 3 months ago when Slim & I were looking at getting them, There was a guy up here that was located at Indooroopilly that did custom dials that i was negotiating making an AE82 one but I couldn't spare my dash for 2 weeks at that time and that was 2 years ago so its good to see someone has finally made them, Oh and i will try to get that pic of the exhaust tomorrow for you, Just been busy.

don't worry about the pic, i trust ya. Pack it up and let me know how much it costs :y:

Come across these pics on AE82 owners club.

post-5444-1231825636_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1231825655_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1231825667_thumb.jpg

I don't know if you remember but I stripped the roof a few months ago. I didn't prime it so unfortunately it rusted up badly :| I spent about 2 hours sanding and scrubbing it and it come up pretty good. There is still a few rust stains on the surface but that shouldn't cause any problems... Its nearly done, maybe another hour or two of sanding and srubbing with thinners and it should be ready for etch primer :jamie:

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

Edited by Johno

I had a similar experience a few years back, with a car in bare metal, I had a small fire in the shed and put it out with a dry chemical fire extinguisher, it contained a wetting agent and the next day the car was rusty brown so I had to start again. I now only keep a water & co2 extinguisher.

I sadly have to say that i think i'm loosing interest in my corolla project :y:

Everything i do just seems like i don't see results anymore.

Putting on wheels or exhaust or 2din screen is wicked. Painting the thing is so f*n boring!

I just seem to be going around in circles and i can't afford $5,000 to pay a panel beater.

I covered the car up with a blue tarp so i don't have to look at it. I might just need a break from it but yeah..

I sadly have to say that i think I'm loosing interest in my corolla project :y:

Everything i do just seems like i don't see results anymore.

Putting on wheels or exhaust or 2din screen is wicked. Painting the thing is so f*n boring!

I just seem to be going around in circles and i can't afford $5,000 to pay a panel beater.

I covered the car up with a blue tarp so i don't have to look at it. I might just need a break from it but yeah..

I hate painting and panel beating as-well, Be disciplined and work at least 1 hour a day after work. try to do a small area at a time and undercoat as you go. the vehicle will soon be painted.

You have to have the motivation and dedication to get through it. I know that I've lost lots of interest in all my cars. Now that I'm selling them and when I sit in them, it all just comes flooding back to me. Justs seeing all the potential that the cars have and what they could end up looking like. Keep your chin up and you'll get through. Think of the end result of driving your 4AGE AE82 Seca around the streets beating all those yobbos in their Commonwhores.

As a funny man once said "You can do it" (Said with Rob Schneider's voice)

Edited by JiP