Johno's 86 Corolla Seca

Johno

Okay, I like the first one. So how come you didn't take out the windscreen and rear quarter window??

Hmm, I thought i replyed a few days ago.

I would take out the glass but there is no rust around the glass and all the glass is overrated conditon and replacing it would just cost more money.

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this painted yet?

Just trying to give you some motivation.

Thanks man :y: This must have been at least on the third page, :dance:

I "WAS" going to paint the whole car last weekend, rolled the car out in the sun and went over the whole car looking for any bits to fill just making sure i got everything. I sanded the whole car down with 400grit sandpaper and then went over the car with wax and silicon remover and made sure it was all clean....

BUT!!.......

The rear quarter right hand panel had a waxy feel to it, I wetted it with water and the water beaded off like i had just polished it with turtle wax. I wet rubbed the panel back a bit and tried again and water still beads on the panel. No where else its doing this. Only that panel so i have come to the conclusion that i have to strip that panel back to bare metal :(

I had organized for the panel beater guy who's painting my car to come round this weekend to look over the car but have to fix this problem first :y:

I haven't done a fat shit to the car this week. I had to help my brother fix his Ke70. Its getting a rwc and needs a fair bit fixed so i been spending my time on that and also making a video for the rollaclub 2009 Gor cruise. check it out.. this is where most of my time went after work each night.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LNx7Tl8ZCA

Oh and its better if you watch it in High Res ^ :)

Edited by Johno

The car is now ready for 2 pack primer. Still have to do the doors and boot but its getting there.

Tested the rear panel with acrylic primer and no probs at all. Sticks like shit to a blanket.

post-5444-1235871933_thumb.jpg post-5444-1235871943_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1235871952_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johno

This weekend might be the weekend where I paint the whole car with 2 pack primer, :cool:

Got the rear and front bumpers sanded this week. The rear bumper was very easy to sand because it was painted before so all i had to do was give it a quick sand (1hour) but the front was about 6 hours because it has never been painted and it has that goose-bump texture all over it. I started with 180 then went 120 then thought f@$k it and went 80 and ripped it all off. Its still got a bit of texture on there but the undercoat should fill it up a bit.

Anyway.. just waiting for the weather to get above 20c. Its been about 15 all week up here in the hills. Sunday is going to be 23 and Monday 26 so long weekend here we come!

Reduced quality upclose of bumper. Will only let me upload max 2mb, Image was 2.5mb

post-5444-1236322950_thumb.jpg

As you can see with the water on the ground the weather has been shit cold and raining.

post-5444-1236323123_thumb.jpgpost-5444-1236323132_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johno

Cheers guys!

Here's a few pics from todays work.

Finished sanding the front bumper so thats ready to paint now.

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

Sanded and filled right door. Ka fill for large dents.

DSC00449.jpg

Sanded the bog then applied Nitro Filler for fine filling.

DSC00450.jpg

Sanded back with block and filled again to get it perfect

DSC00456.jpg

Same process with the left back door. Sanded down and prep wash

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

Filled small chips and supermarket dents with nitro fill. I only saw 3 dents but when

I looked closer from every different angle with the light i found heaps more.

DSC00457.jpg

Once its all filled and sanded i'll be priming it then later i'll guide coat it and sand it again

Today i finished sanding the other two doors so all four doors are now sanded and filled. Well just one needs more work. It had a funny dent in it. It looked like it has been hitting the front quarter panel and well picks explain better. I also stripped the tailgate door but left the glass in. I tried to take it out but no good. Looks like its going to stay in for painting. I'll get some fishing line and tuck it behind the rubber to allow me to paint behind the rubber a bit. That way i wont have that ugly mask line when its finished. Anyway, I still think i can get it primed tomorrow. The forecast has dropped from 26c to 22c but thats still good to paint but winds are forecast for 30km/h. I hope i don't have too much dust blowing on my new primer. Anyway, I'm talking to much now.

Thats as far as i got toady and tonight.

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

I got the wire wheel and got the rust out then got a hammer and smashed it in so tomorrow i'll rust treat it, etch prime it, fill it and sand it.

DSC00469.jpg

Edited by Johno

Yeah i'm gonna hang on to it for a while (hopefully)

Today is what i like to call "Painting Day" though today has already being named "Labor Day" so i will just do heaps of labor on it today.

Got up this morning and it was like 8c hope it gets to 22c :y: . Went outside and the sun is starting to shine through the trees :yes: . I just know today is going t be good :y:

Anyway i better get going and make a start. Its the first time i sprayed a car to wish me luck!

Johno :locked:

post-5444-1236552802.jpg post-5444-1236552815.jpg

you took a picture of the sun and the clock on the wall displaying the temp :locked:

you crack me up bro! hope you paint it today as I'm impatient with this gray color of your ROLLA and hoping to see a different color by this arvo?

hope this weather favors your way!

post-5444-1236552802.jpg post-5444-1236552815.jpg

Edited by drc_ke20

Lol :locked: I was just real exited cos it's been cold and raining all week and today is just wicked weather.

Well i started with good intentions. Sanded the last of the filler. Prep washed the doors and spot primed rust spots with etch primer. Got everything out to start priming and guess what!!?? The Fuking hardener has gone hard!! Ugrrhhhh!!!!!!!! I can't do anything now because today is a public holiday and the panel shop is closed :cry:

I'm soooo Pissed off because i thought i was going to get it done today. I'm going to Google a paint shop in the area and try and find one open but i highly doubt it :yes: :y: :y: :(