My Ke 11

TOMMYS Ke 11

really loving this thing mate, such a cool little car :y: would be cool as if you could get a vid of the dyno, would love to hear it now, i really wan't to re-make a bike carbs setup on my corona, just getting the rest of the car sorted first.

Cheers glen

Members dont see this ad

Hi Glen will defiantly try and get video of dyno run :thumbsup: as when it was on there the other day it did sound real sweet and tough for a k motor :rocknroll: . I've been having a look at your rides thread and must congrats you on your engine bay it looks great keep the good work up :2thumbs: .

Cheers:- Stuart (Thomas dad) :wave: .

although i might have to look at what valve stem seals they put on looking at the smoke we left behind :huh: even though our engine tuner likes to to see a bit of smoke on start up to know that oil is getting up around the top end ( He doesn't run valve stem seals at all on his funny car drag motor ) but it didn't look pretty in the photo :no: . And Stu what can i say other than it was great to finally catch up and say thanks for all your help and advise through out the whole build of Thomas little Rolla as i have said many times before it is members such as your self that make this sight the great place it is. Hi Glen and leigh we got your messages and will be in touch soon.

Cheers:- Stuart (Thomas dad) :wave:

Yeah it was definatly good to put a face to the voice.

The charcoal center superlight's look perfect too, not that I didn't like the steelies.👍

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there everyone ! today i decided to check Thomas valve stem seals and replace them so i brought a overhead valve spring press made a fitting to put compressed air in the cylinders to stop the valves from dropping and then went to work on it and FAAAARK me dead if i didn't find that our engine builder had not put any FAAARKING valve stem seals on at all :oops: ! not HAPPY :rant: (will pay him a visit first thing Monday?????) any way all good now :2thumbs: and looking forward to coming back down to Melbourne in a couple of weeks for the TOYOTA Winter-fest and catch up with some of you guys & girls ;) this time with no smoke trail :rolla: so hope to see a few of you there :thumbsup: .

This thing is wikid. I have alot of love for the Ke10's and Ke11's. I read through the whole thread, id forgotten about it as i did comment a few years ago on it about the black behind the lights it just cleans it up and makes the grill POP. I miss having a cool old rolla, well i still have one but i don't get to work on it.

Gives me inspiration for when i finally get back into it, Plus your dad is clearly a champ, your very lucky to have someone that is willing to work just as hard as you to get it where you want it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there all ! of for DYNO run in the morning so we will get a vid up for you all to enjoy :2thumbs: we are really hoping to get the magic figure of 120rwhp out of a carbed 5k engine :yes: with just a little bit of work done to it :P . How many of our VIC members are going to Winterfest on the week end as we are making the trip back down and it would be great to catch up with some of you guys and GIRLS (HAHA) and check out your rides anyway we will see you there.

Above link is to DYNO run i hope you enjoy :yes: .

Hey guys so we were unable to produce any more Hp on the dyno today so she is still sitting at 110 rwhp- 130 ft/lbs @ 5500 rpm. In the video its ran up to 6500 rpm but was not showing anymore power gains after 5500. So for now I'm more then wrapped to just drive my car again after all the headaches it has caused. Another big thanks to Dad and also Stu for all the help and hard work

Edited by TOMMYS Ke 11

Hi there Glen ! we were pretty happy with it :) but would have liked to have got a bit more out of it :( there is still a chance of getting more by moving the clip down one more notch on the carbys and putting more fuel down it throat but at the moment it is running real sweeeet :yes: so we decided to leave it as it is :2thumbs: Are you still going to the Toyota Winterfest on Sunday as we will see you there ( weather permitting ) .

Hi there KE1069 thanks for your kind words :thumbsup: and i am really looking forward to checking out PEACHES on the weekend so i hope you are bringing it to Winterfest :yes: as it has to be one of the best little rollas on the road :2thumbs: .