My Ke 11

TOMMYS Ke 11

Members dont see this ad

Yeah I was talking to Stuart last night and said its not too far of my first efi dyno figure with 10 pound. I keep thinking maybe I should send a head over to swan hill!

Hyundai - water pump driven off the timing belt like our Camry?

Edited by Taz_Rx

I forgot to say thank you Simon :thumbsup: I will get Thomas on to it as soon as he comes back home, that way I can get started on the new body shell for him :hmm: ( I'm not quite sure what version this will be I've lost COUNT LOL ) but it will only be getting better :) As far as the heads go I think it has just been luck up to date but as I said I might dissect the buggered head just to see if there is any more that could be shaved out especially the exhaust ports :yes: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave: Also just a quick call out for anyone who might be able to help us out ! We are going to be looking for another Ke11 boot lid / bonnet and front stone guard if anyone has any spares in good condition they would like to part with ;) you can call me ( Stuart ) on Mob 0428 574248 or AH 03 50376708 it would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup: thank you . Cheers :- Stuart :wave:

Edited by TOMMYS Ke 11

Hi there everyone ! Just a little update ; should have the new body shell going round on the rotisserie tomorrow :2thumbs: and then the fun begins :hmm: as in the above post we are chasing a good KE11 bonnet - boot lid and front stone guard if anyone can help out it would be much appreciated :) . :offtopic: I managed to pick up another project on the weekend something a little different :elvis: a 1974 TA 4 door Holden Torana :huh: it was a gap fill model between the LJ & LH Torana's it was only in production for 11 months with only 11306 sold all up in both 2 & 4 door models , The 2 door came out in both 4 & 6 cylinder models were the four door only came out in what they called there Deluxe model with a 4 cylinder motor :down: but as they have a massive engine bay :yes: and I just happen to have a fresh 308 bolted to a Celica 5 speed box just laying around looking for a new home ;) it may have just found one :P . They are the same body shell as the LJ Torana with a different grille and tail lights so all replacement panels are the same as the LJ :thumbsup: . I'm not sure how long it had been sitting in the paddock for as its last registration was way back in 1989 , all 4 tyres were flat with cracks in the tyres but to our surprize they all pumped up except one which was tubeless but the spare was laying in the paddock half buried and flat but it to pumped up as well :rocknroll: and 3 days latter are all still up :wtf: LOL lucky HAHA . Any way enough about that as it is not a Corolla and we will keep you all updated with the progress of Thomas new little beast ( version 3-4-5 lost count 8/ ) but let me ensure you it is defiantly going to be something a little bit different :2thumbs: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave:

Hi Darren ! yea we are really stoked with the power out put for a NA K motor :rocknroll: . Mid 13 sec car with traction :hmm: we might wait till the new body is done with all the mods and then give it a run down the track as we are currently getting a new STATE OF THE ART 1/4 mile drag strip being built here in Swan Hill :2thumbs: we will keep you all posted . The new shell is now going round on the rotisserie so work can begin ( AGAIN ) I will get Thomas to put some pics up as we know you all like pics , and we are still chasing the above mentioned panels if any one can help out :hail: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave:

• 2 months later...

Hi there everyone ! haven't posted for a while now but not much has happened yet :down: as been to busy with paying jobs :thumbsup: Thomas set me up a Facebook page for my business if you want to take a look ( Mitchells Automotive restorations & assemblies ) . As for Thomas little beast I am pulling the motor out this week end as I am not happy with the amount of crank case pressure ( Blow by ) we are getting so a quick pull down and check :wtf: is going on . Hopefully moved ring gaps ( But I am not that lucky ) so maybe bottom end rebuild :rant: as I feel this may have all started back when our original engine builder forgot valve stem seals ???? :doh: but as he has just popped another rocker cover seal I will take a look and sort it out before any major damage is done :yes: we will keep you updated with the out come . Cheers :- Stuart :wave: PS - Still looking for KE 11 Bonnet / Boot lid and front valance - stone guard if any one can help ? you can call me ( Stuart ) on mobile 0428 574248 or after hours on 03 50 376707 thank you :2thumbs: .

• 2 weeks later...

Well the luck run out and the smile has gone :( the measuring up didn't go as hoped :doh: pistons all good :thumbsup: but one bore has a 7 thou taper :wtf: so rebore new pistons and here we go again :yes: . Once again a quick call to Stu ( Kickn 5k ) and he's on to it already as the pistons are not just of the shelf pistons they have been modified and we are looking at some more changes with the next set as well with thicker rings and blow by pressure release grooves between the rings :2thumbs: Stu's the guy who can sort it :hail: thanks mate we will keep in touch , Cheers:- Stuart :wave:

Sorry to hear you're having blow-by dramas guys, I wonder if the high comp is a contributing factor?

Blown away with the power and torque figure, I'd be keen for a passenger ride sometime to see what it's throughout the rev range. :)

Hi Doogs ! Just another hurdle to get over :elvis: but as the motor has always had a bit of blow-by we think that maybe cylinder no 3 had been bored wrong from the start so we are having it bored out 40thou over by the team a BT Performance who have a crank square line borer :y: so should all be good and looking forward to see how much more we can get out of the little beast as the rebore will up our comp a little more :rolla: . Once we have it all sorted we will have to catch up at a cars-coffee & donuts morning and only to happy to take you on board and I think you will be impressed how the K motor performs :yes: . Cheers:- Stuart :wave: