My Ke 11

TOMMYS Ke 11

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 4 months later...

Hi there everyone ! haven't posted for a while as the little Rolla has been of the road due to engine problems :bash: but we have gone back to our good old tried and tested engine builders at BT performance and have had another full rebuild done and are extremely pleased to say that the new engine pulled 129.8 RWHP ( :wootjump: these little things get your attention HaHaHa LOL ) which I recon is close enough to 130 :2thumbs: not to bad for a naturally aspirated K Engine . Thomas has got a video run of it on the dyno which I will get him to down load for you all :thumbsup: it sounded TOUGH AS F#CK and made power wright through to 6500 revs , you might see it blow a little smoke on gear changes but as Bob ( the engine builder ) said he is not running valve stem seals just an "o" ring on the valve stems as this is what he calls pretty much a race engine and he likes to see a bit more oil getting around the valve guides . Bob is the Owner / Builder / Driver of a 3000 + HP drag car so I think he is qualified enough to know what he is doing :yes: his drag car motor runs no valve stem seals at all . All that's left now is for Thomas to get out DRIVE IT HARD and ENJOY IT :rolla: ( But stay away from these guys :fuzz: ) . Once again we need to send a big thank you out to Stu ( Kickn 5K ) for all his help with the supply of some of the engine parts for the new build ! Thanks heaps mate and look forward to catching up soon . Cheers:- Stuart :wave:

Edited by TOMMYS Ke 11

Here is a video on the dyno today! sound is not the best but she sings. Once again big shout out to the old man the motor went back in at 2am one morning then out and back in just a few nights later. Anyone else would have given up ages ago but we have stuck at it. Lucky we possess the "never give up attitude" time for a LSD diff and a few skids......

https://vimeo.com/166504746

Also a massive thanks to Stu who is always up for a chat on the phone to the old man. (and anyone else who has had that pleasure will know he can talk a bit) and also thanks for the parts...

• 4 weeks later...

" BUGGER " Just found out Winter fest is this Monday :bash: ! would have loved to come down with Thomas and his little Rolla but we have a crack in the extractors :rant: and don't want to run the risk of burning out a piston on the new engine . I just finished talking to Justin ( owner of the best KE10 around " PEACHES " :yes: ) about getting a set of extractors made as we have welded the ones on the car a couple of times already and it looks like it could be an ongoing problem so time for new ones :2thumbs: . We hope the weather is kind to you all and you all have a great day and look forward to catching up with you all soon . Cheers:- Stuart :wave:

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys haven't posted fore a while ! I've just got out of a 24 day stay in hospital :down: and going to be out of action for another 6/8/12 weeks so they tell me . But on the up side I got my son in-law to come out today and fit the new custom made tuned length extractors :thumbsup: made by Justin ( the owner of the coolest little ke10 around " PEACHES " ) you all know the one and he has done a fantastic job of them :yes: , Thanks again Justin they are a great fit :2thumbs: and all in time for this weekend as the little Rolla is in its first wedding ! my youngest son Brent . So I am looking forward to great weekend and I will get Thomas to post some photos for you all to have a look Cheers:- Stuart :wave:

Thanks Thomas for putting the photo up :thumbsup: ! And as he said will put some others up . The little Rolla polished up real nice and looked good leading the others in ( Although I was driving against doctors orders :down: haha LOL ) the other cars are all cars that I have restored :rolla: and I felt rather proud when my son wanted to use them in his wedding . It was great day and the little Rolla ran well , even managed to do the traditional wedding skid but didn't get it on camera so might have to sneak back out for a rerun :D anyway I hope you enjoy and we will get some more up for you all with maybe a video as well . Cheers :- Stuart :wave:

Thanks Ken ! we are pretty stoked with every thing at the moment :thumbsup: the new motor is running so sweet :rocknroll: all I have to do now is build this new body with a few mods :2thumbs: as I've said many times before ( BLOODY PROJECT CARS ARE NEVER REALLY FINISHED ) hahaha LOL , good thing I enjoy it :yes: . Cheers :- Stuart :wave: