Kp Starlet Lsd Into Ke Diff?

Hay folks. Does anyone know if Borg Warner and the Jap diff centers are interchangeable?

The reason I'm asking is because it says in the FAQ that the KP starlet lsd center fits in the KE diff housing. But is that just the Jap diff?

I have a Ke11 Borg that needs a center anyway. But i hear it's 5.7" and the KP starlet is 5.6". So if it does fit (the Borg has 23 spline axles if I count that correctly) would the crownwheel simply swop over?

any help appreciated.

Members dont see this ad

Go ask the same question on club-k.co.nz as I have been told by a very good authority on all things K that in can be done.

Just remember exactly which models go, can't find thread I read it in, and their search function isn't working!! :POSTPICS!:

jap front loading (diff comes out front)

the whole carrier comes out with centre

so if the bolts are on the front it obviously unbolts from the front and the

carrier come out, obviously is jap

borg rear loading (diff comes out rear)

remove the plate and take just the centre out by undo bracket bolts inside.

if the bolts are on the rear they are the plate bolts, so undo them, remove plate

and out she comes from the rear obviously a borg diff.

for both jap and borg you need to remove both axles to remove a diff centre,

take off wheels, take off drums, undo shoe spring, rotate hub window to each of the 4

bolts and undo, put drum on backwards with wheel nuts and impact it towards you

until the axles send you arse over tit. laugh that you finally got them out. change diff

centre and remember no more line lockers on a 6 inch diff.

put drum on backwards with wheel nuts and impact it towards you

until the axles send you arse over tit. laugh that you finally got them out. change diff

centre and remember no more line lockers on a 6 inch diff.

:hmm:

I did exactly that. I gave up like 3 times but finally got e'm. And laugh I did.

My diff is definitely Borg and the center broke in 2 right down the middle.

So yeah I was just basically wanting to know if Jap and Borg centers are interchangeable.

Edited by Rolliac

So yeah I was just basically wanting to know if Jap and Borg centers are interchangeable.

No, you cannot interchange parts between Borg Warner and Jap (banjo) diffs.

You can however put a KP starlet center in a Jap corolla diff.

• 11 years later...

Hey guys,

I'm just going down this is now, so I'm just following up and seeing if anyone still remembers, is it the kp61 starlet lsd that will fit into the jap ke housing? And if there is anyone still making these or where we can buy them?

Hey guys,

I'm just going down this is now, so I'm just following up and seeing if anyone still remembers, is it the kp61 starlet lsd that will fit into the jap ke housing? And if there is anyone still making these or where we can buy them?

There was a guy in the Netherlands selling a used U code LSD centre a couple of weeks ago. BUT he was asking €750 for it

if it wasn’t so expensive I probably would have bought it myself

Edited by parrot