My Ke30 Front Sspension Change Is Becoming A Hassle...

I'm new to this site, but I own a 1979 KE30 2dr. Sedan Corolla and have been fixing it up for a while now. I need someone to help me on which type of shocks to use on the front sides KYB, Monroe, or any others in mind except for Tokico, which is discontinued. My baby rolla is a stock 3KC engine 1.2L custom, if anyone has part numbers or knows if any other models will fit mine please let me know. I need them as soon as possible, since my Rolla is my daily driver. :POSTPICS!:

Members dont see this ad

AW11 mr2 inserts will fit the strut tube diametre, but are a bit short in the body, which is easily fixed with some washers for spacing. Why? because you can get adjustable shocks like konis for the MR2 which you can't get for a rolla! :POSTPICS!:

ke20 to ke55 is same inserts.

lower end most avaliable

eg monroe, pedders, ac delco, gabriel.

mid range only 1 still produced

- boge. kyb is no longer avaliable.

top end use mr2 with adapter kit (spacer+nut)

trd, koni, others?

ke20 to ke55 is same inserts.

lower end most avaliable

eg monroe, pedders, ac delco, gabriel.

mid range only 1 still produced

- boge. kyb is no longer avaliable.

top end use mr2 with adapter kit (spacer+nut)

trd, koni, others?

See a decent shop and they should be able to offer you different options either a original style strut with a good oil and re valved or a good complete insert

By any chance are Bilstein shocks good for my 1979 KE30 2dr. Corolla? I'm just wondering... Are they better than KYB?

Bilstein is a good brand . Like most other brands they have different types of shocks to suit different purposes.

don't think they have a listing for ke30 or aw11 though. Comparing different shock brands is hard to do in a fair way.

If your car is lowered, I`d go for something shorter than stock .

Bilstein don't make shocks specifically for cars (not the high end monotubes anyway). They make shocks of various shapes and sizes and then you select the one that suits your application best and have it valved to suit that application.

Bilstein are miles better than KYB.

Well I found these Bilstein shocks... What do you think?CLICK HERE My car is not lowered or modified in any way, it's pretty much stock... Trying to keep it that way, but trying to get good replacements.:) I love the old school look!!! :S

Those are not for ke30. Maybe #e7# series.

Well I called the company selling these and they verified the models it fit on, so I'm buying them for my baby...

They suit the 51mm OD strut tubes of the AE86 and probably some USA spec cars,

not the 45mm OD ones (KE30,KE55,KE70) you have.

Bilstein make KE30 rear shocks part umber B46-0317.