Bastards!

Toy-Yoda

Dude, I used to work on weekends at a shooting club loading and releasing the clay target launchers!

Have you seen a picture of what you're talking about?

Unless its a little hand held throw type one (like those ball throwers) they're quite big and need to be solidly mounted on something.

Couple of pics here....except these guys take it a bit further and use real birds instead of clays....

http://www.faace.co.uk/quail.htm

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen a picture of one? Hells no, I've held the sucker in my hand........ The bands are about twice as thick as the regular "garden variety" slingshot bands and are nice and strechy, much fun.

I think I know the hand held throw type you're talking about, and this is essentially an automated version of one of those, but still handheld, I'll be picking it up on Monday, so I'll post pics of it when I buy it, during my modifications to it, and the end result........

For the record, I have no intention of shooting Quails at these little pricks.......

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i used to have a rwd 1981 626 which i unfortunately decided to leave parked on the street one friday night... :bash:

when i saw it the next day it had a cinder-block through the front window, all the panels were kicked in, they ripped out the alarm and keypad imobiliser, but couldnt get it started, so they cut the cars harness in the middle of the seats (the ENTIRE harness), stole the 32/36, adapter plate, manifold, manifold to head spacer plate, extractors, 14" davies craig thermofan with davies craig adjustable thermoswitch, crane cams fireball ignition box (and whole distributer... you'd think theyd only take the hall effect pickup), the entire head (had a pretty good cam in it) umm... what else, oh yea, they took the LID and adjustable knob off the valvelube kit, but left the bottle??

all i was left with was my 2" mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust (it was on the ground, I'm guessing they couldnt get it out from under my car!)

the LSD in the diff and the 13" cheviot snowflake mags (all four tyres slit)

if i had built the ride myself i reckon i would have killed myself...

luckily i bought it for $500 no rego and paid another $500 to get it with 6 months rego...

but i loved that car, i only had it for 6 months... i sold it for $120 bucks for scrap :y:

yea, people are totall c*nts when they want to be aye??

cheers,

rob

oh yea, it had a pretty good pioneer head unit and kenwood 6"s in the front and some obscure super-auto-rep-cheap-co 280watt 6x9"s in the back, needless to say that went with the rest, and the redline chrome ball gearknob :bash: i loved that gearknob, i need to get another one, then again i need a manual first :y:

oh yea.. it also had a proper vintage bus driver steering wheel knob/handle thing, when it got impounded under those pesky anti-hooning laws the tow truck driver thought it was pretty grouse, i could tell by the glint in his eye he would have loved the massive burnout (and 100m fishies) i'd just done up the road, the copper wasnt impressed though (he snatched my keys out of my hand and broke the remote for my alarm so i blame him for what happened!!)

Edited by Rob74coupe

thats unessesarly burtal.

i mean smeg, if they had stolen shit out of it without trashing the rest...

thats what i thought... :)

oh yea, they kicked in the front grille and put a fence post through the radiator core too....

so anyone got any good security setups in their rollas?? preferably one that keeps in mind what they might do even if they don't get the car started..

my first car (84 323) had a switch that when in the "armed" position cut out power to the coil when power went to the brake lights... if you don't understand how that works, ask me, but once i found it with the door open half way out of its car spot :) since then ive started to lock my doors (my town has a population of under 10000 so i didnt think i really had to)

cheers,

rob

edit: i used to have a red scorpion, but i also had a matte black one with the interior and all panels/windows/boot/bonnet stripped... i put the battery in the boot so i could dummy fit a magna efi setup before i took the red one off the road... either way to cut a long story short someone stole the 00 guage copper cables from under ther car... they were $50 bucks each, kinda wish i hadnt decided to run earth straight to the block as well. and to think coppers only $6.50 a kilo (new norfolk is copper capital of australia, theft wise anyway) someone must have seen me laying the cables ?!?!

Edited by Rob74coupe

smeg, dude, I'm not moving to hobart. they must eb some desperate c**ts to steel smegging copper wire for your car.. i know its worth a bit but geez where do you draw the line.

I reckon, tell me about it.

just wish they wouldn't do so much damage :)

ive had full 10 litre jerries go missing outta my shed.

I'm not really in hobart, I'm like 30 kays out.. new norfolk sucks :)

oh yea, ive also had a postie bike stolen...

I'm saving up stainless at the moment, its only 2.35 a kilo but ill just wait till i have like 400 kilos and load up the truck.... you got any sinks you don't want??

cheers,

rob