4g93t In To Ke20

Pete-ke20

Sounds like a good little car there mate, I'm in QLD, i might have to car up on a hoist this weekend if thats the case then ill get a pic for you mate.

Thats alot of good work on the brakes etc, i think myne will work sufficiently but, well i hope, the 250mm rotors with single pot's should pull up the 800 kg of car no worries. I'm still not sure on my rear end yet, thinking pintara, as its the same as my front pcd, and i like the range of ratios avail. i will wait till i have my car on the road before i go to getting the new rear end done, as ill do it myself.

Thats a lot of torque you putting through that auto, hope it holds up for ya, specially with a 3g stallie. should just go the full drag package with a 2speed powerglide

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the auto is meant to be fair strong they r. but I'm not going to do a powerglide as its a weekend car and its going to be engineered. any pics would be awsome aswell as I'm making my engine mounts at the moment. i thought i would do ford stud pattern as there as many rims available and i need a rim 15 inch or bigger so y not go ford with simmons wheels or something like that on it. when u do the diff get it reconditioned and when they do it it wont cost much extra as all to change the diff ratio and all that. and if u r thinking of getting a pintara diff cut down its easy to do at home and weld everything up straight the only problem u r going to have it getting your axle resplined. and having to measure it all up to be accurate. if u got time y not and have a go at it. i work as a mechanic and once i get home i really can't be stuffed most of the times working on my own car. also if u r putting different rims and bigger tyres aswell as changing diff ration y not go all out and just change your tyres to a good looking profile get and get your speedo gear changed and made up to get a good km reading.

also with the powerglide setup depending on how u drive u blow one up. ive got mates with xb drag car, vh commodore, and vl wagon and 2 of them have powerglides and they r just so expensive to buy and get fixed up when u blow one up. the VH showed in street commodores a month or 2 ago black with a blower out the bonnet.

Edited by p_schrapel

can't you do a strut conversion on the ke15?

i can do a strut conversion but i want to do the car good and right the first time so i don't have to stuff around with anything ever again hopefully. fingers crossed. I'm getting coil overs made up from pedders. its costing me $900. i give them my old strut they cut it up modify it and the strut top and put gas insert into it and turn it into coil overs.

the auto is meant to be fair strong they r. but I'm not going to do a powerglide as its a weekend car and its going to be engineered. any pics would be awsome aswell as I'm making my engine mounts at the moment. i thought i would do ford stud pattern as there as many rims available and i need a rim 15 inch or bigger so y not go ford with simmons wheels or something like that on it. when u do the diff get it reconditioned and when they do it it wont cost much extra as all to change the diff ratio and all that. and if u r thinking of getting a pintara diff cut down its easy to do at home and weld everything up straight the only problem u r going to have it getting your axle resplined. and having to measure it all up to be accurate. if u got time y not and have a go at it. i work as a mechanic and once i get home i really can't be stuffed most of the times working on my own car. also if u r putting different rims and bigger tyres aswell as changing diff ration y not go all out and just change your tyres to a good looking profile get and get your speedo gear changed and made up to get a good km reading.

also with the powerglide setup depending on how u drive u blow one up. ive got mates with xb drag car, vh commodore, and vl wagon and 2 of them have powerglides and they r just so expensive to buy and get fixed up when u blow one up. the VH showed in street commodores a month or 2 ago black with a blower out the bonnet.

Pretty sure your 200kw 4g63t engine wont blow a powerglide, i have seen them behind 9second street cars nw, i have a mate who does high performance rebuilds for a living on autos, he is the only guy in a australia to be doing high performance rebuilds on the VE boxes at the moment, well he was.

Thats doesnt bother me as I'm going a 5speed anyways.

I have just used an electric aftermarket VDO speedo, so i can just reset the speed easy as. The diff is easy for me, i may as well be a mechanic, my old man is any ways, but I'm a fitter and turner by trade with access to lathes and mills that could turn a whole rear end around it axis.

I have already gone for a 15inch rim with 195 50 tyres, which i recon is the best sidewall for looks anything less just looks ricey i recon, I will also be going to for front coil overs also, once i have done the project but, i wanna get this running first and formost, i will just get a second set of struts and modify them, again i can do it all easy, and as far as welding goes, i work with boilermakers than can weld coke cans together, and weld pipes that contain 6000psi + of liquid ammonia day in and day out. So my diff housing should come out nice n straight not to mention strong.

I will try to get some pics if i have the car in the air during the week, might have it up tomorrow as i have a day of.

Mate for mounts just go find a triton ute with a 4g64 engine those mounts will bolt right up to your block and will sit the engine near perfect in your engine bay, with some ford cortina rubber under it

speedo, i can't remem the size but it fit perfectly where the original was, only i can't put the glass in as i wont be able to push the trip button:( 2 3/4 inch i think

Ah now i have an update, i have done a little, bit of fiddling, and not seen in the photos is, the accelerator cable mount, the pod filter adaptor, and to be added soon is the inlet plumbing, getting some bits welded up tomorrow.

As far as progress goes, i have mostly been lazy and what you see in the pics has been completed for a while, just havnt taken any, most of my time has been taken up by fidely things like, coil mounts (rear of plenum), accelerator cable mount (not pictured) adjustable accelerator cable hammer thingo, air reducer, to take the 1.5" outlet of the turbo up to the 2.5" inlet plumbing (being welded into mandrel bend tomorrow, all stainless). Improved the CAS drive mechanism, made a seal for the CAS to prevent dirt etc from getting in the sensors.

All that i have left to do now for the engine side of the project to be complete is the inlet plumbing and the exhaust system.

I still have the interior to put together, and i would still like to get the body professionally done, or at least the drivers door, guard and bonnet tended to but a panel beater, the other dents and things on the car are hard to pick, and would be impossible to remove, old sheet metal.

post-4463-1214993862_thumb.jpg

post-4463-1214993910_thumb.jpg

post-4463-1214993941_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Just an update letting you all know that i still have this up for sale, need the money badly for other things. Would like about 5000 for it as is but open to offers. http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=20665 is the link

Will continue to work on this slowly but really need the money for other things. Will hopefully finish the interior reassembly tomorrow.

Edited by Pete-ke20

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, What teddy said is true, i no longer own the car, however i'm sure i can try to answer some questions if you had some. Sold it over a year ago now so my memory may not be the best, but i did do all the work on it so I'm sure i can remember most of the stuff about it.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 years later...