TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CB's would be a great idea. We have done pretty well without them but I will personally have acouple this run... much easier to keep track of everyone.

SeptemberSquall, cheers for the info from the Toymods run. Was good to have a look at another run made down the Ocean Rd.

Need some more feedback from ohters round here!

Muller, are you coming this time? you missed the first one!

JP

At Peter's request, i'm going to post my thoughts on GOR-III.

Location for the 2 nights: Port Fairy Website for Port Fairy

it has beaches!!! nfi how good they are, but there looks to be freindly and accessable sand and water meet points. :dance:

there are about 10 accomdation places on the site above, so hopefully nobbler can find one that will accept us *hint*hint* start calling *hint*hint*

it's 20 mins from Warnambool, and another 10 to Allansford (where the GOR ends/starts)

SA Readers Take Note

sunday would be great for a trip back down the GOR (or a trip up it for those from SA) to Apollo Bay or Lorne. (2hrs to AB and another 30mins to L)

taking from SS's run, once reaching AB, head inland thru skenes creek and either up to colac and back to base via the highway, or cut west between the GOR and the highway for some (what look to be) winding country roads.

that trip should take us about 5 hrs not including stops. these can be determined later (as i'm really supposed to be working now, not researching for a holiday cruise :no2: )

brain fade has kicked in, i'm more than happy to research stuff for the trip if others put suggestions forward.

**all times and distances come from whereis**

You guys drove it last year.

Our turn this year buddy! :no2:

let's face it...

if we drive the GOR together... the SA and VIC members and anyone else,

we will end up at the end farthest from one state, and we will both have to backtrack somewhat on our trips home.

my proposal would be for the VIC members drive to Warrnambool via the inland roads, meet with the SA boys there, then drive back along the GOR together

to Lorne (or further as suited) where the SA members could then return home via inland roads.

or the other way around, meet in Lorne, drive the GOR, return home from Warrnambool.

if we come from opposite ends and meet in the middle, we don't get to experience it together and i think that this is a bit of what this cruise is about.

that's my 2 cents.

please comment.

-dave

You guys drove it last year.

Our turn this year buddy! :no2:

yeah, i know you SA people want to drive it...but will it be much fun when you've gotta drive 6hrs to get to the start of it??

this way, everyone will be "refreshed" for a full day of driving along the wonderful roads.

yeah, i know you SA people want to drive it...but will it be much fun when you've gotta drive 6hrs to get to the start of it??

this way, everyone will be "refreshed" for a full day of driving along the wonderful roads.

I second the motion!!!! This plan sounds great to me. I don't mind the drive over as long as we get some time to recover otherwise all we are gonna want to do is sleep the whole way through the cruise! BRING ON PORT FAIRY!!

Hey Raven - I really think we need to have a chat about the SA side of it (along with any other SA cars) to workout what would be easiest for all that want to travel together.