1978 Ke36

Shaun36

Got some new wheels finally. 14's +8 offset. Got to sort what I'm going to do with the centre's, wheather ill got them painted same colour or not.

93939876_full.jpg

May also possibly flip centres for the rear depending on how much they fill up the rear guards. (would get them polished obviously)

94072632_full.jpg

Am also trying to find another set of struts to get adjustbales made up

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

Nice lookin' Wagon you've got there. Have you got any update pics ready for us to see ?? How wide are those wheels you're going to put on ?? I'm dyin' to see what it looks like now.

Cheers, Josh :)

Hey there,

Nice lookin' Wagon you've got there. Have you got any update pics ready for us to see ?? How wide are those wheels you're going to put on ?? I'm dyin' to see what it looks like now.

Cheers, Josh :)

Hey, thanks for the comments. No picture updates yet, have just got home for a couple of weeks so am taking the new wheels apart to get sandblasted and powdercoated and polished. Will give it another wash while I'm home and get some decent photos taken by someone with alot more knowledge of photography than myslef. Tried the wheel on the front without tires and looked pretty sharp.

Thanks, Shaun

Ok, have finally got home for 3 weeks holiday so have taken out the centres of the new wheels to get sandblasted then powdercoated. Am unsure wheather to get them done in the same gold colour or maybe in silver? So any suggestions welcome. Thanks

do them silver dude don't take the focus away from the car with a funny looking gold center. when are you back in dunners for uni,

still need to catch up like we said we would lo.

cheers,

Brodie

• 2 weeks later...

Have had adjustables made up now, just waiting for new shocks. Have been painted quickly by the guy who made them but will do them properley before i put them in the car. Here is a couple of pics of them

P7050028small.jpg

P7050031small.jpg

P7050029small.jpg

P7050030small.jpg

Have had my wheels apart to get the centers sand blasted. The blasting was too rough for the wheels to be painted as it still shows up the imperfections the sandblasting has left so will be sending them away to get powder coated. I had one painted silver just to see how it would come up/look sliver. Think they will look the part. Have only had half of the centre painted but here is some pics to get an idea what they will come up like.

Left side has been painted the silver ill be getting the done in and right side it just primer/experimenting

P7050037small.jpg

Here the far side has been painted (can see where is painted and where is not)

P7050034small.jpg

Edited by Shaun36

• 4 months later...

Got 2 tyres fitted so threw them on the other day and finally got adjustables sorted so put one in tonight to see final height.

Pics of when put two of the wheels on and testing height:

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

Here is pics of the height it will sit at. got a pic with 17s on too for a laugh

DSC00050small.jpg

DSC00051amall.jpg

Still got to find 2 more tyres and sort starter motor as that has decided to pack up. Finally back from uni for the summer now though so should get most things done within a month fingers crossed

Still got to find 2 more tyres and sort starter motor as that has decided to pack up. Finally back from uni for the summer now though so should get most things done within a month fingers crossed

Nice work mate. Have the wheels been powdercoated yet or are they still painted? I think you should do them in a darker colour

like a sparkly charcoal :y: or BRIGHT ORANGE!! :y: (Or sell them to me)

Cheers guys. Still havent painted the centres, will get onto that tomorrow with some silver metallic spraypaint i got (only tempoary) until i can afford to get them powdercoated after i have done more important things.

Yeah am thinking about flipping the center on the rears but will have to send them away to get polished by a pro if i want to do that. Slowly coming along.

Have pulled starter motor out to test it and it seems thats working fine so will whip it back in and check the wiring plus add a few more earths to the engine.

• 1 month later...