Actual Rollaclub Cruise <=24th Jan=> #$&@ Rock Up

ae174agze

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely pissed off at the moment... I don't think I'll be able to make it to the cruise, my car won't be running for at least 3 weeks, I ordered a new coil, distributor, rotor, and ignition leads from Japan, but it won't be here for another three weeks, hopefully I can get the car running in time... apparently a 4age motor is like a "racing version" or something and parts for it are pretty rare, and VERY expensive... I paid about $500 for the above mentioned... and I'm only on my L's, which means I'm gonna have to get a job really soon... Hope I can meet some of you guys soon.. My name is Quinton by the way

Good to know your name Quinton.

Your engine is NOT a racing version. The 20-valve engine was not available in any Australian models, but that doesn't make it a racing version. That being said, I'd believe $500 for those parts would be about right. HOWEVER, you could have bought aftermarket parts in Australia at about the same price. And they would have arrived within a week.

Thanks for the info, this other guy told me about the "racing version" and so on... and about the prices... for me it's pretty expensive as I don't have a job and so on, but yea, I obviously spoke to the wrong people when I tried getting the parts. I went to AutoBarn, and they said something about $1000 but clearly he got it wrong... I appreciate the advise...

I would like to catch a ride with someone, that would be awesome, how's that gonna work though, do I just go the HungryJacks or what?

Also... I was thinking about getting the Corolla twin turbo'd... do you think that would be a good idea?

Thanks again

cool idear but you'd need somehella small turbo's

even twin ct12a's from a 1jz,,,,, 1.6 would have a hard time boosting that size of turbo's

one would be sweet tho super responce

i'd keep it NA throw some cams rebuild with high comp pistons and get aftermarket computer

Talk about spammage and keeping on topic...sheesh. :P

Guys, i'm still alive so with that being said, i'll be up for this cruise.

On the off-topic note, we are all willing to help each other out (i'm sure) when it comes down to cars on this forum, so it doesn't hurt to ask the people on here first for advice on mech, parts, etc and especially on rolla's.

Will keep in touch. :jamie:

Edited by Sirolla

Nah parts aren't here yet. Gonna go check tomorow and hope for the best. I'm probably gonna go to the wreckers as well just to get the car running, I don't like it just sitting there.... she wants to be drivin, with her hands in the air, in a cloud of smoke... I better stop coz I'm just making myself excited.

Car should be running by the 3rd, can't believe that 4 parts are taking this long... where can I get aftermarket coil, distributor cap, and rotor?

Where is everybody gonna meet for the cruise? Or you still deciding on that?