Johnnyt's Sr20Det Ke30

johnny t

thanks mate its just ticket over 7 years for me so it all takes time! as much as its sucks keep at it!! :)

its comes on boost around 3000rpm too 3200rpm. to be honest its crazy fast but it seems really unstable when doing a skid like to much give somewhere if anyone has any ideas like diff brace kinda thing or opinions I'm all ears!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this mate, should be the answer to what you describe

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/57115-ke55-rear-end-options/page__p__574865#entry574865

Awesome car man, the paint looks insane, time to get the rewards for all the effort, lots of driving :y:

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

caltracs for traction for sure n maybe short stroke shocks with out a rear sway bar.. I'm thinkin more along the lines of a panhard bar to attatch the diff to the body to give it a bit more stability in the rear as i already have reset leaves with tramp leaf just need something to hold it together under full boost n angle. ill try it n see how it goes.. thanks for the link

yeah paint isnt even cut n polished yet straight off the gun when it gets polished just before powercruise in 2 weeks ill put up better pics!!

i just put my seats in n painted my dash ill put up some pics =) your build looks crazy so well done gonna be sweet when its done, i like ur attention to detail like shaving the flutes n the indercator in front guard looks great =)

post-1352-0-04728900-1326600895_thumb.jpg

post-1352-0-73030400-1326600949_thumb.jpg

Thanks man, powercruise is so much fun!

Caltracs create (under power) a solid link between the diff and its front mounts, the diff can no longer twist up or move around at all.

What you are typically feeling under power is the diff twisting the springs into an 's' shape as the pinion points itself up towards the floor of the car. With a clatrac link to the front mount this can no longer happen and your diff feels like it is part of the car again, traction is a side benefit.

• 2 weeks later...

Got an award for best innovation so stoked definitely surprised a lot of big powered cars aswell as myself now for coil overs in the front n few other changes but over all I'm stoked!! I'll put up pics n vids when I start receiving them from other people :)

• 8 months later...

Hey guys sorry been along time in between drinks... Some news I ran it down the strip n the best i managed was 11.9!

Do have few changes I'm making... Changing ecu to haltech n run few more psi =) n hope to get the 1/4 time down..

Also scoping some new wheels and front suspension in the near future..

Hey guys sorry been along time in between drinks... Some news I ran it down the strip n the best i managed was 11.9!

Do have few changes I'm making... Changing ecu to haltech n run few more psi =) n hope to get the 1/4 time down..

Also scoping some new wheels and front suspension in the near future..

Aren't you in tas? I thought tarmak had closed!