Oke020

oke020

Members dont see this ad

Spewing to hear the bad news.

Just spent a good hour the other night showing a mate videos of this beast.

He was suitably gobsmacked the whole time.

Hope you get it going soon.

All the best with the rebuild.

Perhaps now you'll get some decent horsepower results.:wink:

• 2 months later...

Ive been following for a long time and your car is a massive inspiration for me also.

I myself am building a KE20 too, not as crazy as yours but fast enough for me :blush:

Your thoughts on the rear end...

Ive minitubbed mine and moved the leaves inboard 100mm to accomodate my tires.

I'm undecided on whether to go a 2 link or caltrac... or mixture of both.. I'm sure you have been through this already?

What are your thoughts? I'm probably going to be running some where say from 9.0-9.5sec.

Keep at it man! Love the car! Hope one day to make it up to QLD to see this beast :dance:

So sorry to hear, but I know youll be back in action before too long with yet more power.

One of the best cars Ive seen on the Rollaclub ever, and most definately now one of the best known and respected drag cars in Australia nowadays, whenever I get into a conversation about drag racing with some random person, they always know this car and its accomplishments.

Super dooper work on the 7.

So where to from here? If I had to guess it would be that you would rebuild another 2j with some improvements to the main caps, possibly a nice custom girdle to keep the bearings in place. Or maybe look at another motor all together, but then what could you put in there that would do the job of this 2j better than it does? I'm thinking maybe more capacity but whats bigger in the Toyota family except maybe 1UZ which arguably has less potential. I assume youre happy with your gearing and rpm at the line, so would stroking it be an option that wouldnt limit the rpm your running, Id assume there would be little advantage in a light chassis? I guess I'm just wondering what you could do to improve this thing further, it seems pretty damn well put together as a package, its hard to see anything obvious that it would benefit from.

From what Scott has said the car will be coming back with a 2J, a bit more power, and some extra bars added to the cage!!! But i was out on saturday night at the Bracket meeting and scott was there in a cressida, with a na 2j in it, that he had bolted some boost onto, and a few other bits and this big old full weight cressida went 12.8 at 118mph! Through a stock auto. I thought it was pretty cool.

• 6 years later...