Happy To Help....!!

Ella

G'day,

Just turned my laptop on to find that it had run out of battery while the evil Ella was logged into this forum.

So..........while I'm here I thought I might throw my hat into the ring and offer any assistance I can to RollaClub members needing advice on suspension set-up, tyre pressures etc with regards to Lapsprinting.

About a million years ago I sprinted a white MR2 for a full season and gained some valuable knowledge in the process. As a former toyota guy I will be happy to pass on anything I've learned, particularly if it helps Toyota's go faster than Nissan's on racetracks.

Cheers,

Steve Allen

Members dont see this ad

Hey Steve!

That'd be great! I'm not planning on getting out on track again this year, but hope to be out there next year in your old TA22. So I'll definitely take advantage of your assistance. And it's not so much Nissan's I need to beat, as a particular Honda. Don't know how much luck I'll have though.

Hi steve!

This is pretty funny cos it was just yesterday that I was contemplating starting a thread here asking for help on how to get into lap sprints haha.

I've been to pretty much every track day and have always wished I could just get out there and see what its like. I have just bought my first car, a ke70 with a 4age in it. Along with the car (but hasnt arrived yet) is $2600 worth of racing suspension which I really want to put in, despite the many offers of people wanting to buy it off me.... (luke :))

The only thing is i'm like the biggest beginner ever, I've only been driving for just over a year and have no idea what I'm up against. But I really want to get into the sport! So yeah, any advice on where to begin would be awesome :yes:

So yeah, any advice on where to begin would be awesome :)

Cool. I will be at all the track days doing commentary for the drifters so don't hesitate to introduce yourself and I'd be glad to help.

Don't worry too much about the whole beginner thing.... I was involved with the Gemini series for a little while so I'm a bit familiar with the concerns and worries of new drivers/racers. Cheers!!

Adam, that Honda is firmly in my crosshairs also........... I liked him so much more when he drove a Torana :yes:

Edited by Hypermania

Adam, that Honda is firmly in my crosshairs also........... I liked him so much more when he drove a Torana ;)

LOL! He's working on the Torana currently. The S2000 is back on the road, and will have it's panels all repaired VERY soon. The Torana is going to be done up properly. Pity he'll be selling the triple Webers and manifold he has that he has never installed, will be ditching the triple SU's he has installed currently, and will be using a mechanical fuel injection setup instead. :) At least he's not going to do the RB or JZ engine swap he was considering. The scariest part is that he's still looking at getting a second S2000 to go with the current one and the Torana!

I just hope that I can get my car built and get racing, but it doesn't look like I'll be doing any car work in the next six months or so. :yes: Looks like I'm going to have to put the TA22 plan back by about twelve months in total. :lol: :( :(

I'm guessing that was "offtrack" you were sprinting and not the aw11?

i could use some assistance is setting up the suspention it the mr2, i hav no idea what settings my adjustable sway bars should be set at

That was Offtrack.

As hard as possible on the front sway bar is good however if you start to understeer on corner exit you may need to back it off a bit. I ran with the standard rear swaybar however you should find (after finding that they're crap to fit) your firmer rear bar will enable you to hold a tighter/faster line out of corners although it may make the car more prone to high speed slides if you go too hard on the adjustment.

I like a little understeer on the way into a corner as it allows a smoother transition from going straight to turning thus reducing sudden lateral (sideways) forces on the rear tyres. This is important with rear engined cars as swinging in violently will result in immediate oversteer due to the lateral weight transfer of the engine over the rear axle line. Turn-in is also generally when your foot is travelling from accelerator to brake creating a moment of instability which makes getting the turn-in smooth doubly important. All good?

LOL! He's working on the Torana currently. The S2000 is back on the road, and will have it's panels all repaired VERY soon. The Torana is going to be done up properly. Pity he'll be selling the triple Webers and manifold he has that he has never installed, will be ditching the triple SU's he has installed currently, and will be using a mechanical fuel injection setup instead. At least he's not going to do the RB or JZ engine swap he was considering. The scariest part is that he's still looking at getting a second S2000 to go with the current one and the Torana!

Damn.....and like you I'm working hard to get just one car up and ready!!!!