13Bt_Ke20's Ride

13BT_KE20

Very cool, watch out for the more power bug, it bites hard and the ol rotarys like to feed on wallets by the dozen lol

How did you go about raising the tunnel? another diff alternative is a shortened r31 skyline borg warner, pcd will match your ke70 front swap and 14" wheels will fit over the disk brakes, they have 9" size axles and with a mini or full spool they are pretty tough.

• Like 1

Members dont see this ad
can you put up some pics of the interior? mine is also black inside and i wanted to see how yours looks.
as requested

pa250052hr8.jpg

pa250051fs8.jpg

pa250053dd0.jpg

pa250055zp9.jpg

pa250058jh4.jpg

pa250059if8.jpg

pa250060do0.jpg

How did you go about raising the tunnel? another diff alternative is a shortened r31 skyline borg warner, pcd will match your ke70 front swap and 14" wheels will fit over the disk brakes, they have 9" size axles and with a mini or full spool they are pretty tough.

tunnel had already been raised when i bought the car. It was done by one of the previous owner, top section of the tunnel has been cut and new tinwork welded in. You can see in some of the above pics that the top of the tunnel is alot squarer than an original tunnel.

Still looking into what sort of diff to get, altho i 9 inch has come up for sale pretty cheap so might grab that........will it fit under the arse end?

as requested

pa250052hr8.jpg

pa250051fs8.jpg

pa250053dd0.jpg

pa250055zp9.jpg

pa250058jh4.jpg

pa250059if8.jpg

pa250060do0.jpg

tunnel had already been raised when i bought the car. It was done by one of the previous owner, top section of the tunnel has been cut and new tinwork welded in. You can see in some of the above pics that the top of the tunnel is alot squarer than an original tunnel.

Still looking into what sort of diff to get, altho i 9 inch has come up for sale pretty cheap so might grab that........will it fit under the arse end?

Sorry about the delay, a 9" will fit but if you want to maintain a lowish ride height you will need to cut out floor pan to clearance the diff centre, not overly hard. The 28x9 ke20s at the drags don't need to as they are so high in the rear to clear the wide rubber.

• 3 weeks later...
Ryan yeh?

Always been a rotor man aye.

Saw this today at BP, you'd have seen me stop n stare, and wait for you to take off.

I went to primary school with you.

hmmm can't say i took any notice sorry mate, but yes i was at the BP yesterday. I'm there everytime i drive the car :D

Normally i give it HEAPS leaving that servo cos the guy in there drives an R33 and absolutely love the car, but it was still fairly cold.

Nothing really to update on the car........just been enjoying it, i think my clutch is starting to slip a bit so once it gets a bit worst ill be taking the car off the road for its next round of mods:

lightened flywheel

new puck clutch

hilux diff

hiflo S5 turbo

2x 12AT injectors

more boost

modified g/box crossmember so i get raise the dump pipe

new rubber g/box mounts

speco fuel gauge so that i can fit the tacho into the dash

:hmm:

So now all i have to do it drive the car some more so that clutch starts slipping sonner :lolcry:

Saw this on the Adelaide Rollaclub photoshoot day. All i can say is great job and that this car is quite entertaining to watch trying to get going from a set of traffic lights without killing the diff or wheels :lolcry: Pulls a rippa skid too :hmm:

Bloody good job Ryan

CHEERS

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...
you still gotta take me out in her, shes a beast, mad skids other day on photoshoot mad grinding down the go ol country roads too, I'm sure ur exhaust will have a hole ground out soon, hehe
haha dump pipe is a little flattened on now but nowhere near getting a hole yet, doesnt matter its getting sorted soon

I'm happy to take you for a drive next time i see you. If your coming on the cruise today ill take you for a spin before/after the cruise, or at the next event :'(

• 3 weeks later...

fixed the pics on the first page, also found some old pics. Thought id post them up :bash:

ENJOY!

Just after being picked up and pushed into the shed

21009733om1.th.jpg

30856840oh4.th.jpg

Engine and box ready to be slotted in

10ih9.th.jpg

Sorting out IC piping

56ob6.th.jpg

On stockies, push out the shed for a quick wash

59oi1.th.jpg

Test fitting front end back on, mate thought it would be funny to put an L plate up (I'm on my full license)

73ec7.th.jpg

Fuel System, excuse the mess

pa250063ri3.th.jpg

Test fitting the SAAB rims on the back

80fb4.th.jpg

Engine bay almost complete, note the MESS of wires on the passenger side and the 12AT dizzy which were both reomoved!

83jl5.th.jpg

ALMOST finished product being pushed out onto the road and on the trailer off to get wired up

100db6.th.jpg

101en6.th.jpg

Home for a wash after being wired up and almost ready for a trip to the exhaust shop

dsc00303vs4.th.jpg

Exhaust finished and ready for a tune, yes my door is open....

edited8fw9.th.jpg

Edited by 13BT_KE20