brendan

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was talking to a guy that used to race the te27's at bathurst and he says he has the only genuine one in the country. he knows it genuine because when the toyota team went to the te37 he bought the car. i'd say this is a mock-up.

but if not and this is genuine, PICSORBAN!

this one is owned my greville arnel. he was one of the factory drivers. the car was imported in to australia in 1972 so it has basically been here it's whole life. he also has a ke15 and ke17 sprinters. i'm currently trying to weasel my way in to see his collection.

I would be fairly sceptical that whatever you are being offered is genuine.

There are a few people about building replicas / close copies sourcing parts from overseas.

Not hard to chuck a 2TG into a KE25, bit harder to do it factory though.

• 2 weeks later...
i was talking to a guy that used to race the te27's at bathurst and he says he has the only genuine one in the country. he knows it genuine because when the toyota team went to the te37 he bought the car. i'd say this is a mock-up.

but if not and this is genuine, PICSORBAN!

i know of some one with a genuine te27 so ^^^^that one can't be the only one.

• 2 years later...

This is Al Palmer's car

palmer 1001.pdf

Other than this one, there is one other in Melbourne that gets out pretty regularly. There was also another created from a halfcut many years ago in Victoria, but I have no idea what happened to that car. Possibly that is masquerading as a genuine car.

Kehendo: just saw your post above nearly 3 years late. If you manage to arrange this, make sure I'm there too!