Brodie (retrd's) Kp60

reTRD

after a quick last min decission to go up to oamaru to see blown5k and talk turkey bout the new motor all i can say is that "its on like donkey kong".

got the motor and box pulled out of my car today, just got to put in the new bearings and crank into the motor and sell it.

while there is no motor in the car i am going to give the bay a good ol tidy up and repaint the factory red. iam wanting to de-loom or atleast semi de-loom it, take out all the break lines and repaint them black. the break master and booster need to be rebuilt as the seal between them has perrished and is slowly leaking on the chassis rail causing it to rust.

if i remember il do my best to get some pics up during all this

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got to get some money now so i can build the new motor hahaha.

here are a couple pics of the panel work thus far, the dent on the drivers side rear guard was bloody mammoth but have banage to knock it out just got to strip it back and give it a skim of bog.

DSCF1406.jpg

DSCF1407.jpg

got the motor out in the long weekend while the new 1 is getting build i will be stripping the engine bay and repainting it all and giving it a full over hall.

DSCF1440.jpg

and look what i scored for $40 needless to say i am as happy as a dog with 2 dicks

DSCF1439.jpg

Wow Thats some damage alright!!

Do you know what caused it yet? Like you say the Gilmer drive, but do you know why the Gilmer drive did it?

Travis.

na man no freaking idea ay, it pisses me off because the motor only 20,000kms old gilmers were only on for 10,000 the belt was never tight, and to top it off the crank was fully reconed before it was built to the sum of $700NZD. but oh well that cars for ya.

Yea seems weird.

What about US cars with these on them, or any other cars, do they have similar problems?

Anyone else had a similar problem with them? Could it be there in need of balencing or something?

Wish it didnt do that its stopped me getting one for my 4age :bash:

Travis.

I've had no such issues with mine.

I have however had an oil leak issue (as brodie already knows) but thats more of a design fault IMHO. I just don't think having alloy running on a seal light a front main is a good idea. Thats why my gilmer crank pulley is now at a machine shop getting buzzed down and having a stainless sleeve slipped over to fit the groves in it. They're only 0.25mm deep but enough to cause an instant leak with a brand new seal. :bash:

yea its odd. i have not herd if it ever happining before. i think i was just unlucky. allen from endever engeneering has the danages pully atm and is making me a new 1 as they garentee every bit of there work, so that is cool that i don't have to pay for it and frankly if i did have to u would just cut my looses and sell them.

your's was an odd 1 Si mine never did that . let me no how you get on with getting it sleved i might have to get sheldon to look into it for mine to minimise chances of it chewing out the keyway again. considdering this time around with the new motor i going to be rocking 100Kw

• 3 weeks later...

my T to K bell housing turned up the other day intime for my birthday. Best b day prezzy yet lol. i have given my motor builder $1100 to make a start on stripping down the 5k, only need an other $6500 or so :bash:

Edited by reTRD

What the hell...thats a deposit for a house :) lol

5grand will get you laughed at if u tryed to use that as a deposit over here ay :) (stupid NZ econemy!!!) we got turned down for pre approval to buy a house and we have 80k deposit.

my motor going to cost so much because we are doing everything to it. including a solid lifter conversion new pistons the lot. and $2000 for the ECU to run the thing so that were the big hit of cash is going lol we are going for 100kWatw so its goign to be a weapon

blown5k came donw last night to pic up my t50 and bell housing to comvert it to cable clutch, i have since been told it already is :) (yus!!!!) and to get my quads and the mounting flange so he can start to mock up the intake manifold, so can't wait to see some progress on that but hey i am in no way in a hurry need to get more money 1st :bugeye:

got an e mail from allen at endever engeering today with a pic of the progress being made on my gilmer crank pully. he has bored out the guts of it and replaced it with a steel center rotanats217.jpg

all in all things are happining slowly so i happy bout that i really need to sort my shit out and prep the engine bay but its just to cold out there with snow all around me o nthe hills so for now ill keep sittig my on bum infront of the heat pump