Has Anyone Done This Before?

corolla_nut

I was looking at installing central/remote locking in my car and I was just after some help. I've researched this before, probably way over a year back now, but can't find the pages I was looking at.

I was just wanting to know how other people have done it, what they have done and what sort of actuators/kits they have used.

Maybe even a rough guesstimate on price?

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

I personally hate the after market systems, find them to be pretty rubbishy in most instances.

I did however find that with a few slight mods and some thinking I could fit a complete factory AE92 central locking system into an AE71/KE70, using all the AE92 latches and electronics.

Now I'm guessing you aren't putting it into an E7 but something to think about none the less.

I was looking at installing central/remote locking in my car and I was just after some help.

What car ? '30 or '55 or something else ?

I was just wanting to know how other people have done it, what they have done and what sort of actuators/kits they have used.

If its on a '55 i've done it and have pics floating around on one of the hard drives of what i had to do.

Used the Jaycar 4 door kit

About $35 from memory but that was a few years back. I got the kit when i had my old ae82 seca

Thought of putting the rear solenoids in that same spot but i didn't like the angle the rods would have been on.

How does the front windows go with winding all the way down ? On the front door, is that the only two screws hold the solenoid to the door frame ? If so i'd see about mounting them with a screw at the bottom as well. Cause the solenoid will, after a while, start moving the mount around due the amount of force its pushing and pulling on the door lock knob.

Thought of putting the rear solenoids in that same spot but i didn't like the angle the rods would have been on.

How does the front windows go with winding all the way down ? On the front door, is that the only two screws hold the solenoid to the door frame ? If so i'd see about mounting them with a screw at the bottom as well. Cause the solenoid will, after a while, start moving the mount around due the amount of force its pushing and pulling on the door lock knob.

Almost every aftermarket system will have two holes holding the actuator to the door, in fact I'm yet to see one without just two holes.

I was looking at installing central/remote locking in my car and I was just after some help. I've researched this before, probably way over a year back now, but can't find the pages I was looking at.

Cheers

For a rough price, i got a quote for my AE82 to fit central locking, keyless entry, alarm and imoblisier for total of $890.

Edited by Johno