Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

chestikoph1

Members dont see this ad

Do you have a link to where you got your hydro brake from? Is it set up as pull yet the master cyl. is facing the front of the car? All the ones I have found have the cyl. in the direction of operation.

Its a Powered By Max set up from the states, it is a pull type with the cylinder facing forward.

They have a website called parts shop max i think.

They do all quality bits, no chinese rubbish, you do pay a bit more for it though.

Will put up a pic up for you.

Dude thats exactly what I'm looking for. Chur. Want to do a similar setup to you with the longer handle close to the wheel without having to hack up the center console or remove it entirely.

Car looks fantastic as always BTW. :y:

It's at the stage where it wont go any faster, the chassis is the letting it down.

I figured while the cage goes in and the shell is stripped i might as well do the front end as well.

Nothing too major.

It will be from the strut towers forward only and most likely chop out the front part of the wheel tubs.

And will link up the the rear of the strut tower with the cage.

kinda like this... but obviously without the front bar set up.

It will make a whole lot easier to do work on the car and simplify damage repair.

post-4551-0-71457100-1406249956_thumb.jpg post-4551-0-56509300-1406249963_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda frustrating at the moment though.

Had to get my shoulder done, three weeks post surgery now and another 6-8 months to full recovery.

Should be able to swing a spanner in a couple of months.

Until then it's sitting in the garage, can't even drive :(

I am glad it's inspiring others.

How did you go with your hand brake issues Caibs?

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to hear about the should man thats a bit rough.

i still havent sorted it, who did you get to make the cables up ?

i got made redundant again unfortunately, and my new job pays fairly poorly. will be qualified in a few months so its not too bad. but spending pretty much has to stop on the old girl at the moment. though i'm thoroughly enjoying having a turbo car again to be honest. also excited about the brake package, it needs it pretty soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Well it's been 3 years since an update.

2 shoulder operations, one house move, a career change and one new family 4WD later, and there has been some action happening back on the beast. It has been sitting untouched for all this time up until a few weeks ago, some plans have changed some have not. It's still making the progression to a more serious track car, but I am going to try and keep it as simple as possible. I have another coupe shell which I will start on once this one is back on the road, that will be a lot different and a much longer build process.

For now a full 8 point weld in cams spec cage, through to the front towers and tagged to most body points.

more to come!!

image.thumb.jpeg.b02fb171f95602ff31e399c160deb484.jpeg

Cage now 90% finished, just have to do the bar that runs under and across the dash to attach the steering column too, then intstall the Tilton adjustable pedal box.

That gets rid of the standard pedal box and most of the interior plastics, hood lining, door trims, geez there will be a heap of parts to sell off after this, also things like the MR2 seats, PWR radiator which I am changing, will post up when I get a chance.

image.thumb.jpeg.b363d095f489b36d13ea2437d766b8ba.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bb8eea19fc65de24f325d7fbab4e3171.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6de55cea849476d0d76d53811c4054e7.jpeg

Edited by chestikoph1