Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

chestikoph1

Members dont see this ad

I've got some S13 silvia seats in my '55. Picked them up for like $80 when a mate upgraded.

They're a bit more supportive, but not to the point of be uncomfortable, were really easy to fit and find, and being from a 4 seat/2 door car would be ideal for a '55 coupe as they fold forward. Just a sugestion. :jamie:

Thanks for the tip about the seats, I'll check them out. Not sure if I'll be keeping the rear seat just yet, it depends if the kids want to come for the odd ride or if I get the bug and become a bit more competitive with this car. (Somehow, all my projects end up becoming more than what I initially intended them to be.)

I might be working on the 20th, so not sure if I'll make the cruise. Plus, I don't think the car is quite cruise worthy just yet. Cheers for the invite.

Are they the van/wagon looking things?

I havn't even seen one of those things over here, most of the old cars just get crushed over here, i have seen cars from the early nineties on verges and on the back of flat beds going to the wreckers.

Must be all the money from the mines "apparantly" :jamie:

Edited by chestikoph1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

Finally some action happening on this project and something worth posting about.

Starting to sort out the rear suspension, I have bought some TRD shortstroke 8 way adjustable shockies and I am getting the rear leafs

reset 2inches lower and adding another leaf plus some urathane bushes. Will post up some pics of the car after it's all set up.

post-4551-1232542526_thumb.jpg

Yeah they are brand new.

I got them from a guy here in Perth, pm me if you want the details, they were about $350 .

Not sure if thats a good price for them, but its pretty close to other top end shockie prices.

There about 2 inches shorter extended lenght and about 1 inch shorter compressed than ke ones, so hopefully it should be sweet.

Well just got the leafs back and they look pretty good, they do feel a bit heavier with extra leaf, he has put one in under the main leaf.

post-4551-1232747465_thumb.jpg

Every thing fits well back in there, didnt need longer u bolts although i didnt change the leaf cushions for nolathane only the shackle and eye bushes.

And the TRD shockies slot right in, they should be plenty of dampening with the extra leaf.

post-4551-1232747777_thumb.jpg

Its only a 2 inch drop but i have still rolled the lip of the gaurd up to avoid any annoying scrubs.

Took some dodgy pics of how i did that, will post them up soon.

Well i have had a chance to take it for a run, and it handles extremely well, really firm without being bone jarring.

The front Bilsteins are not adjustable, but their valved at about 370lb with springs to match.

The rear TRD shocks are set on the mid setting 4 of 8 (could go heavier, but fine for daily road duties)

The only annoying thing is the sloppy steering " bloody steering boxes"

Here is some pics of how it now stands.

post-4551-1232787206_thumb.jpg

post-4551-1232787248_thumb.jpg

Well i have had a chance to take it for a run, and it handles extremely well, really firm without being bone jarring.

The front Bilsteins are not adjustable, but their valved at about 370lb with springs to match.

The rear TRD shocks are set on the mid setting 4 of 8 (could go heavier, but fine for daily road duties)

The only annoying thing is the sloppy steering " bloody steering boxes"

Here is some pics of how it now stands.

Hey good suspension upgrade :) There is an adjustment on the steering box to take the slop out, might be worth a try.