R31 Diff In Ke30

ben

• 1 year later...
Members dont see this ad

Just to let you all know, My KE30 now has a R31 Skyline diff in the back with the disc brakes. It was shortened and the pinion offset and angle adjusted to Corolla factory specs. It also now has a custom tailshaft with much larger UJs. Just bolted right in, was a very nice conversion job. Needed custom handbrake cables to mate Skyline brakes to Corolla handbrake and the stock drum brake hyraulic system works fine. The Selby swaybar on the rear didn't fit around the new diff so got a custom one made up and it works nicely. ( Anyone want a Selby rear swaybar for a KE30? It is only 2 years old!)

Oh, and as for the comments about the stock UJ being fine, maybe they are but why take the chance, as the motor is larger than anything Toyota intented to put in that car with that diff. The engineer who certified the conversion and the mechanic who worked on it both said the UJ were too small and I quote 'toys'.

If anyone wants any other details let me know.

Cheers.

post-287-1261517230_thumb.jpg

It took you a year but its all in there, nice work.

Good luck breaking it too, they take some punishment, especially from a 5k.

I have 3 of these things, one in the ke30, one shortened to go in the ke25, and one sitting here for the crown, i guess i like these diffs.

Yeah it has worked out really well, did take a lot of work and effort to make it look like it came that way from the factory and even use the facory 14" rims, but definitely worth it.