Trds Rally Car

TRD ke70

We did do some testing years ago in NZ with oil temps, and found in a rally the oil temp was getting to around 130-140c.

Now with rallying in QLD, with the extra temp up here, we think the oil cooler is a must.

Also, depends what oil's you run as well, a full synthic has a lot higher range than a minerial oil.

Members dont see this ad

Another slow day, Now working on the TRD rear shocks, interesting setup, drained the oil, pulled them apart, new seals and shaft and they'll go back together tomorrow, only problem is getting oil, we'll have to wait until next week.

Mounted the Monit today, hopefully the co-driver will be happy with where it is.

Nice bit of kit!!!

post-439-0-81108900-1358590061_thumb.jpg

Got a few little jobs out of the way today.

Changed the igniter and re-wired the connection to the dizzy, now using a shielded cable, hopefully this will sort out the hi rpm miss.

Removed the speedo cable, as it's no longer required. The speedo runs off a sensor on the drive shaft and the Monit runs off the VSS(speed sensor), more weight out of the car. ;)

Finished pulling apart the LCA's, just to check them, clean and regrease them. Now to remove the trailing arms to do the same.

Tony has finished the rebuild on the front TRD shocks and has now started on the rears.

post-439-0-94993900-1359273254_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

yeah we're both ok. Chassis is twisted and with 4 big hits, one in l/r, two in the front and one in the side, she's pretty screwed. Mechanicals seem ok but I have a feeling the diff maybe screwed also. Have been offered 3 cars so far but still haven't decided weather to build a new one yet. Shame it was going pretty good with the new 6 speed, not 100% sure what happened but I think I was about 1 mtr off line (not that you could tell as we were car two on the road) also having tyres 2 sizes down from what i usually use and a slipping clutch, the rest is history.

looked pretty violent, bet you both had a stiff neck the next day?

Such a shame to see such a good car finish like this.

I'm sure you will be back, its just going to be time to get the motivation to do it all again

All the best to the both of you

Sorry to hear guys, we've been following your vids and progress closely too :(

I'm definitely a newbie but... it looks to me like you hit that bridge hard enough to throw you a metre off the line, to the left, as you're saying. And I guess that shows just how important having the right line is when you're that fast.

I think you were doing well to make it over the bridge at that speed, the road looked rough just before it, things were hairy haha!

Definitely re-shell into another one, you guys are our inspiration!

• 4 years later...