Trds Rally Car

TRD ke70

Members dont see this ad

No mate, the old uprite 5k is been put to rest, probably make a coffee table out of it.

The new engine will be twin cam, 4AGE with Juggs!!!

thought we'd update to later engine, more reliabilty, parts are easier to come by as well.

The ultimate would be for the corolla to win a rally out right, was close with the old car!!

Edited by TRD ke70

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good there ,4age in ke70 do you run amsag or cams rallys.Didnt think they would let you run it in cams events?

Unless theres a loop hole some where :) .

Good starting with a nice clean shell ,but a lot work,I'm helping a mate put his new subi together lots of man hours.

Keep us posted on progess. :P

rob

Hey Rob, there's some new reg's coming out that may let us run under PRC, but failing that we'll run it under RRR, road reg rally car.

Yeah body shell wasn't so clean, we started this xmas last year and this is as far as we have got, but it all takes time!!!

I'm thinking it maybe another year before it's on the road again, but with alot of improvements.

Should be faster than it was before with better handling and traction.

Stay tuned!!

nice, good to see another ke70 being done properly and hopefully road registered.

how you gonna go with the cage with the side intrustion? conditional reg or have i missed something?

atleast yours is progressing faster than mine! haha

good luck with it all, ill be keeping an eye on this one

cheers, andy

Good question Andy, mmm Tony knows more about the technical reg's from cams and how to get around them.

i think it has something to do with a blue plate, the car has been rego'd before so shouldn't be to much of a problem.

It doesn't get driven around the streets, it's trailer'd everywhere so the cops don't get the chance to stop it to check.