Coilovers

1st_rolla_ke30

Members dont see this ad
hey people, does anyone know if their is a setup for a coilovers in a ke30

if their is where from and how much. I'm just soo over leafs

thanks michael

Front coilovers are possible. Have a search and you'll find info.

I don't think anyone would bother converting to rear coilovers. Theres a heap of race cars on here that still run leaves.

most suspension shops can convert your standard strut over to coilovers with a coil over sleeve. For the rear you would need to do a fair bit of work weld in strut towers, new mounts to diff and adding lower control arms i.e four link etc.. Just get your leaves setup from someone and they should be pretty good

most suspension shops can convert your standard strut over to coilovers with a coil over sleeve. For the rear you would need to do a fair bit of work weld in strut towers, new mounts to diff and adding lower control arms i.e four link etc.. Just get your leaves setup from someone and they should be pretty good

Use motorcyle monoshocks for the rear. Higly adjustable, off the shelf springs cheap in different rates, and cheap secondhand. can't get around the 4 link but. You'd get around modding a diff by using one with 4 link mounts on it already from another car. Then youd just need to source some arms and mounts off another chassis and locate them all. You could even equalize the length of the upper arms with the lower and sit them at the appropriate angle around 12-17 degrees. You would be without a backseat to do this but.

This is far from impossible, its probably about as much work as a weld in half cage. You could do it in a day if you had everything you need to do it right there.

There will be some major concerns with the car being legal though.

There are poly leaves available some places which a lot of racecars use now, if this /\/\/\ sounds like a lot of work to you.