Hydraulic Handbrake

trav_555

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i though the thing was that the hydraulic handbrakes is that they don't stay up after you pull them. thus making them useless for parking on hills. i'd be leaving the cable one in for safety reasons.

You can still ratchet them......it's still the same effective action as a normal cable hand-brake, except the force is transmitted from the lever to the caliper via hydraulic pressure instead of cable tension. A calbe handbrake without the ratchet won't stay up either, which is the whole point of those "drift buttons" you see on eBay - they remove the ratchet lock from the lever, thus making drifting etc easier (you just reef the handbrake up and let go, don't have to worry about releasing it)

Which is why you have the adjuster......

Never heard of anyone ripping the handbrake out of the floor. Must have bigger muscles than me :P

No need to buy a "drift button" for a corolla, just unscrew the button out of the handbrake lever to disable the ratchet. Easy as.