Ke70 To Mirage Conversion

jimbeam_chick

Members dont see this ad

You may need to be more specific about the actual engine designation if you want more specific answers about what is possible. It MIGHT be possible to use a sigma gearbox with this engine if it is the right model engine. I would be asking more questions on a Mitsubishi forum in this regard.

There's only 3 different stud pattern's on mitsi engines. So machg is right, a sigma, scorpion or starion box should work. They aren't the most sporty or strong box around though from what I've read. If the motor is coil pack it should be fairly easy to setup the CAS on a cam pulley like someone on the club did in there KE20 with a turbo GSR motor, have a search for it.

Edited by beerhead

There's only 3 different stud pattern's on mitsi engines. So machg is right, a sigma, scorpion or starion box should work. They aren't the most sporty or strong box around though from what I've read. If the motor is coil pack it should be fairly easy to setup the CAS on a cam pulley like someone on the club did in there KE20 with a turbo GSR motor, have a search for it.

A mate of mine with a Starion (has a VR4 narrowblock in it) was looking into a bellhousing adaptor to a W58, pretty sure he managed to un-cover some stuff, so it wouldn't be that unreasonable for you to put a T50 or W58 or something behind a Bitsamissing Mirage engine

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

hi, Yes i have looked through all the forums and i did not come across anything that gave me a good enough answer.

i am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible for me to put a 96' mitsubishi mirage engine into my 82' ke70 and if i will be able to pass the roadworthy for a victoria registration

the question you need to ask your self is why?? and don't forget this is a east/west engine you are going to put into a north/south application. Where is the throttle body, exhaust etc.

What are you after power, ecconmy????

• 2 weeks later...

i love these sort of questions... just get the mirage and make a cardboard body kit for it so it looks like a 70.

there is no good reason to do this conversion, it will cost around 3000 or more, that's assuming you already have the car and the motor, and you can do some of the work yourself, ie convert the cable clutch in the 70 to hydraulic, possibly cut the trans tunnel to fit the gearbox, shifter etc.

it will be slower and harder to do than a 4AG, a little more economical.

Edited by KE354AGE

• 2 weeks later...

what do you want to achieve with the ke70 in the end?

if you have a 96 mirage lying around and want to put the engine

in the ke70 because it seems like a better motor your theory is good,

but in reality its a small power gain, a shit load of modifying / research

and would cost you from $2000 diy to $5000 workshop if its easy

or $5000 diy to $10000 workshop if its not...

4G63 from a early evo would be handy as the Throttle Body will be facing the front when put in RWD mode. later 4g63 from Evo 4(i think) the motor was actually turned around...

Was looking at this conversion into My L200 as it had a 4G63 SOHC..

I also seen that bellhousing to suit a W series box to a 4G motor, was Exxy though but would be worth it

Also check this out, 4G93, not far off the 63 id pressume. http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=20282

Also check this forum out, http://www.projectzerog.com/

Edited by Falken_KE30