Philbeys Yamaha Xs650 Custom Motorbike

philbey

Members dont see this ad

Nice work, Philbey! Was never much into bikes until last year when I realised how much I love Triumphs (even just the standard factory stuff). Got my bike licence and bought an el-cheapo 1985 Kawasaki GPZ250 to get some practice on, which broke down after about three months and I am yet to repair. Want to get a Thruxton when finances permit. Also need to go to Tassie sometime and pick up the motorbike my grandfather rebuilt some years ago, but was too old to ride by the time he finished it - a 1924 British Excelsior powered by a 124cc Villiers engine:

post-397-1266800692_thumb.jpg

Sorry it's not a clearer picture of the bike - my uncle's damn BSA's are in the way. LOL.

Love Deux Ex Machina's work and your bobber is looking sweet so far! Keep up the good work!

Edited by ancullen

My uncle is getting some minor touch up work done on it, but then it will be headed to the museum for a stay until I have somewhere to store it safely up here. I'm involved in the NT Motoring Council, and we're looking to build a museum of some kind up here one day, so it will be put in there when the time comes too. My uncle has already had his 1960's Morgan 4/4 on display in there for a while too. I've visited the museum twice, and think it's great.

agius that thing is cool, I've got one of those little minibike choppers at home too, I was thinking of chucking a bigger motor in it!

That excelsior is a cool looking ride, similar to the Payneham Elliott my mate has, same deal, running a little Villiers motor.

This isn't his, I think its the Elliott at Birdwood motor museum.

2008show4.jpg

Edited by philbey

• 2 months later...

Not a lot; not any with pictures at least.

I made a crude bracket to see how my headlight looks on the front end, now I need to make a shiny nice looking one.

Working on my dummy oil tank and I'm digging myself a nasty hole that I'm slowly working my way out of. Don't ask....

Measured up a few more brackets and I'm going to get them off to a laser cutter, make em a bit fancier without hours of filing.

I've been working on my 911, got to have lots of projects you see so when you get bored of one you jump onto another!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
yeh yeh yeh, I'll get some soon.

Hi Philbey, been looking at your 650 chop , looks real good, started one myself a few years ago but lost interest when i was told there would be a problem registering it due to the chasiss mods, was i misinformed or do i need an engineers certification?

650mad, honestly I don't know how I'm going to go with rego. At the end of the day I'll find some engineer to do some calcs for me, and I also used a coded welder to do the chassis mods.

TE278U that's a mean looking rig although I'm not a big fan of being an individual and running flat black!

• 2 weeks later...