Replacement Seat Belts

AJC

Hi All,

about to get my ke10 blue slipped in NSW and noticed the passenger front seat belt has a frayed.

Whats the best option?

Can you get replacements, or can you use a later model set? Is there any new ones that can be fitted without modifying the anchor points?

thanks, Anthony

Members dont see this ad
BTW, not the cheapest thing to buy!

And probably not the sort of thing you'd want to go cheap on anyway.

You will have to change the anchor point unless you find a matching belt, but any 30-40 year old seat belt you get second hand is going to be on the way out anyway!

It's not that big of a deal to change the anchor point, generally just 1 or 2 large bolts through the chassis.

Sam.

Edited by rollapv75

Hi All,

about to get my ke10 blue slipped in NSW and noticed the passenger front seat belt has a frayed.

Whats the best option?

Can you get replacements, or can you use a later model set? Is there any new ones that can be fitted without modifying the anchor points?

thanks, Anthony

http://www.autolivaftermarket.com/

have a look at the above link, as far as corolla belts, the oldest they list is the ke30,

now i have know idea if the ke10 are retractable seat belts or not, but they do have a section on general purpose, belts you can have a look at.

this is who my replacement belts for my ae93 came from, and from memory it was roughly $300 for left and right fronts.

Hi All,

Thanks for the help. The belts look pretty bad, especially the passenger one. I would prefer to keep standard belts as this will cause me less grief at blue slip time. I believe in NSW if you mod the belts you then need to get some sign off on it. I'm happy to fork out some $'s for decent belts, not like there are many other safety feature on a ke10 (ABS, Airbags, crumple zones etc.....) :dance:

Cheers, Anthony

http://www.seatbeltsolutions.com.au/index.asp

best mob i found, couple of the ke70s ive had look like theyve had entire replacement items, retractors and all, but i don't think the ke10 runs a retractor? so the rewebbing is a very good option in your case :dance:

edit: http://www.hemco.com.au/seatbelts.html

those guys look alright too

Edited by love ke70

Hi,

The local vinal and foam shop in ipswich sell seat belt webbing in all different colours. THey said they use a guy to re-make/re web belts. I was going to get my KE15 done in red belts using my factory buckles so the belts are well original as (original belts were red in colour)

So re-webbing is probably your best option I hate the look of retractables ina KE1X but seen it done heaps.

Cheers

Cameron