What Your Spending Your Krudd Bonus On

trav_555

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will i be recieving this bonus and do i need to apply for it. I cannot get a straight answer to sve my life, my mate was trying to tell me there were giving em out today lol.

Sometime next month unless you get the centerlink payments (which went out yesterday and next week iirc) and no you do not need to apply to it. If you are eligible the tax department will pay it by the same method you received your tax refund/bill last year automatically sometime next month. If you need to change your details, do it now.

I also haven't been able to figure a straight answer out. I keep hearing that if you earn under $100,000 you will get some sort of bonus, then I hear that the bonus will only be given out to single income families that earn under $100,000. So confused :)

Also the student allowance, does anyone know if it's too late for that? Robert reckons if I apply for Youth Allowance they won't give me any money because I earn "too much" but I will still be in the government's system as a student and be able to get the student bonus so I can pay for my fees.

They should really make these things clearer, but I suppose that's the government for you...

I also haven't been able to figure a straight answer out. I keep hearing that if you earn under $100,000 you will get some sort of bonus, then I hear that the bonus will only be given out to single income families that earn under $100,000. So confused :(

Also the student allowance, does anyone know if it's too late for that? Robert reckons if I apply for Youth Allowance they won't give me any money because I earn "too much" but I will still be in the government's system as a student and be able to get the student bonus so I can pay for my fees.

They should really make these things clearer, but I suppose that's the government for you...

www.ato.gov.au

All answers lie within there :)

Rego and Baby stuff.... if we get it

Apparently you get a baby one too. So it'd be one for your misses (if she worked), one for the kid (if you get family tax benifit b) and one for yourself.

Edited by Clown

If you need to change your details, do it now.

It ended up taking me 45 minutes on the phone, thanks to there voice recognition services, just to change my address! Absolutely ridiculous :)

If I end up getting the money though . . . either an LCD TV or car audio

Some of the cash that i'm gettin will be going towards fixing up my hilux so that i can sell it. When it's finally sold i'll put all the money towards buying a ke25 and using it as my daily while i rebuild my ke30 i.e rust repair, paint job and engine rebuild. Then once my 30 is finished I'll be taking the ke25 off the road for a ground up rebuild and try and make it one of the nicest 25's around.

From my earlier post

Verbatim from the ATO:

How much will be paid?

$900 bonus will be paid if you have a taxable income up to and including $80,000

$600 bonus will be paid if you have a taxable income exceeding $80,000 but not exceeding $90,000

$250 bonus will be paid if you have a taxable income exceeding $90,000 but not exceeding $100,000

AND

(eligible if) -you have lodged or will lodge your 2007-08 income tax return before 30 June 2009 or if you have been granted a deferred date by the Tax Office before Wednesday 18 February 2009 and you lodge your return by the deferred date

• 1 month later...

I received it back in March and bought the laptop that I'm on now with it. Not sure why I recieved it though, the letter said something about being in school/apprentice but none of my mates have received anything.