Te72 1Uz Engine Swap!!! Reborn Haha Check It *pg3*

nicistheshit

this is my corolla, not much of a looker now,

but when i got it it was in such worse condition, i have spent about 300 so far on resto work,

the car is all stock, cleaned up everything painted everything, going to paint it and everything..

I'm only 17 and this is my first car, gimme some input

101_0037.jpg

101_0045-1.jpg

101_0047-1.jpg

101_0050.jpg

101_0053.jpg

101_0055.jpg

101_0088.jpg

101_0090.jpg

101E0067.jpg

101E0069.jpg

Edited by nicistheshit

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha yeah i defanitly want to mod it up, just got to get the money flowin yeh know? haha :cool:

i want to eventually get some coilovers, rims, i want to put in custom light in the back, kinda like a skyline,

thinkin about taking the bumpers off and givving it a really oldschool camaro kinda air dam in front, unless i can't get some chrome bumpers some how! haha, i really need to find like a webber carb, get a header and some exhaust, lay it down with some pearly white paint or satin black maybe.. I'm building a custom box for the back to fit 2 12's and 1200w, tinting windows, oh and put a roll bar in.

haha but thats all kinda future plans, i need to deffanitly lower it n a low budget, any help?

Nice, I really like the ae70 2 doors.

Looking at the current condition as it sits right now is just more fun to fix it up. If your motivated and love working on cars then this should be alot of fun when its finished. If your into drifting i would be dropping a 4age in her. You could get a Jap spec with loom for about $700au.

ohdude everything you see now on it i didmyself, i guttted it and redid all the front of the interior,dyed the carpets and painted all my viynal ,kinda remade myseats, although I'm getting some racing seats at the end of the month, and I'm getting the harnesses today, 2for 45 bucks!=] i cleaned all under it and painted the undercarage flat black, and all my arms and stuff down there ipaintedgold, ijustgot exhaust and haha well i lowered it on a low budget with somespringlocks, itdropped it about inch anda half and mademy springs a littlestifferto!so thats good,

i reallywanna drop a 4age in but thats notgong to be for awhile, what about a 22r?

my dad thinks i should drop one those in,

but yeah i really do loveworking on it=]

hha

okay pics up tomorrow! i forgot my memory card for my camera -___-

hah well how do i flare out my wheel flare parts?

ha sorry I'm not sure what they are called.

I think the easiest way to roll your gaurds out wider at home, is just to find a heavy length of 2 or 3 inch galvanised pipe (or an old shock absorber as I used) and force it up between the lip and the tyre. This will roll the inner edge up flat to the outer. It will also force the whole show a bit wider, especially if you apply some heat on the metal with a heat gun.

If its really stiff, get someone to gently drive the car back and forth while you align the pipe. That will move it. The rears don't work as well as the fronts, because there is an extra layer of metal, but you should still get 10-15mm a side if you persist.

If you want to lower it on the cheap, then all you need is some Shorter springs and shocks. What struts does the car run? If you have the smaller diameter struts like Australian KE70s had, then you would need to upgrade to a 2 inch diameter strut to make a good choice of shock absorbers fit your car. You may already have better struts, being that you have a bigger, faster motor than a k motor, this may have been factory equipment, but honestly, I just don't know.

If you'd like more power, you can do a lot with a 2t or 3t motor. There is a 2t/3t hybrid you can build, there is also plenty of those motors that can take a tonne of boost. Read this thread of the PR Toyota nuts and you will see.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=16233

You can get performance T motor bits for peanuts too, in the US. Have a look at this online store, crazy cheap! I think its half the reason the PR boys go so damn hard with their T motors.

http://www.brdracing.com/index.htm

Anyhow, best of luck. I hope you understand how much we all wish we had 2 doors over here.

:)

I think the easiest way to roll your gaurds out wider at home, is just to find a heavy length of 2 or 3 inch galvanised pipe (or an old shock absorber as I used) and force it up between the lip and the tyre. This will roll the inner edge up flat to the outer. It will also force the whole show a bit wider, especially if you apply some heat on the metal with a heat gun.

:y:

I'm going to do the flares this way,

i looks like it ouldnt be to difficult,

but I'm not sure about any info on my struts really, ill find out about that tonight,

i checked out that website and well they prtty much have everything i need for my car!

ha ugh i wish i had a 4door, I'm buying another car like mine, but cleaner, lets do a trade over seas! hah send me a 4door ill send you a 2door! lol;p