Ke30 Wheel Track

Just after the standard figures for the front and rear wheel track of a KE30. Preferably 2 Door Sedan, if its different to the 4 door model.

I need to order some wheels to replace my 15"x7" Globes that wont pass engineering.

I currently have 1370mm front and rear track, so i want to make sure the offset i order doesnt throw the wheel too far outward and take the track out of the permissible range.

In VIC the max increase in track is: (for those that are in the same boat)

Front +25mm

Rear +50mm

Members dont see this ad

hey also consider that wheel track is slightly different between variations of the same

chassis platform and that you will find the ke30 will have the narrowest out of the

_e30 range, you can use figures from the widest variation of the car so i would try te30,

it really helps with overseas sportier models and their lower offset wheels and wider diffs hint hint...

something i eventually came up with while i was in the same boat as you trying to engineer

my wheels :locked:

Edited by styler

hey also consider that wheel track is slightly different between variations of the same

chassis platform and that you will find the ke30 will have the narrowest out of the

_e30 range, you can use figures from the widest variation of the car so i would try te30,

it really helps with overseas sportier models and their lower offset wheels and wider diffs hint hint...

something i eventually came up with while i was in the same boat as you trying to engineer

my wheels :locked:

I read it like that for other modifications. I didnt realise it applied to the track as well. Thats some very handy info, Thanks.

So I guess i'll open it up to all models of the *30 range. If you have the specs i'm after, please fell free to post them up.

I read it like that for other modifications. I didnt realise it applied to the track as well. Thats some very handy info, Thanks.

So I guess i'll open it up to all models of the *30 range. If you have the specs i'm after, please fell free to post them up.

J.R made a comparison between te and ke on his homepage http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/4883/levin-trueno.html

It says te3x has front 1320 and rear 1335. AS far as I know all ke3x are f1295 r1285

J.R made a comparison between te and ke on his homepage http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/4883/levin-trueno.html

It says te3x has front 1320 and rear 1335. AS far as I know all ke3x are f1295 r1285

Thanks Mate that is exactly the info i needed.

If the engineer accepts the TE models as a comparison, that means i really only need to lose 1" of front track.

If he uses the ke models, i'll have to lose 50mm on the front and 35mm on the rear. not overly bad considering i'll be going from a 7" rim down to 6" rim in a custom offset.

• 8 years later...

Hey 4age. 

Dunno if the above user you want to reply to you issl active so ill answer your question for you.

The new legislation contradicts itself, but mine and my engineers interpretatiin is this......

The government road people would ultimately like to you leave your car stock without modification, HOWEVER if you do see the need to modifiy your suspension components then they take the standard track of the car PLUS 25 mm per axle/ 12.5mm per side,  HOWEVER if you use non standard axle components ie diff, control arms, struts, etc from another model of car, THEN add the 25mm to the donor cars overall track.

Ie i have a ke30 with corona hubs, struts, hilux diff etc...   So the front of my car must be corona track PLUS 25mm, but the rear of my car must be hilux track PLUS 25mm.

It also states to a degree its the signatorys descretion on what passes and what does not.

I will provide a link for you tomorrow so you can wade/ swim through the bullshit that is the light vehicle mods manual.

Regards mac

• 3 weeks later...

Also gotta remember there is a width limit too, i think on the ke70 technically the largest width was a 195 tyre, or maybe slightly less. 30% over the widest tyre rings a bell.

Unfortunately with all these constrains the legal window is not really that big. 

Good news is if they look legal, and fit nicely,  a policeman is never going to measure it. Unless they ping you for something else and need the whole car inspected.