Kj's Corolla - Ke55 Liftback Deluxe - »»°frog 55°««

KJ's Rollas

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it only took a year.. I thought I'd give the old 4k a nice decent thrashing before we puller her out... but it still ran fine.. typical reliable corolla engines haha!!

But it was time to pull the finger out and do the upgrade!!

As for suspension,

I've ordered lowered springs, but I need lowered shocks otherwise springs will fall out!!

What are the best solutions for 51mm front struts (mine are RA40 Celica struts)

Right - think I got my front suspension sorted....

Ordered KYB Short Stroke Shocks, Super Low Springs (modified to suit celica strut on bottom, but with KE55 top to fit my strut hat)..

Once all the bits arrive, we'll see if it sits any lower than it was...!! Fingers crossed.. :-)

Edited by KJ's Rollas

• 1 month later...

Wheels look absolutely awesome, Karl - as does the ride height. I freaking love this car and have a massive soft spot for these as I nearly ended up with one as my first car.

Every time I see a post from you I think about my old smashed up willow green KE11 that your dad bought from me...makes me sad!

Any chance you could take a picture of that car and send it to me one day? When it got crashed I was so upset I never took a photo of it all smashed up, and there have been many tiems I've wanted to show someone the remains of my dream car.

Hows your dad going with his KE1* project(s) - anything happening? Say hi to him for me.

Cheers

Tom

Hahaha long time no chat Tom!!

Yeah the KE11 still kicks around at my parents place! It's even still under cover believe it or not!!

The KE10 is his baby - bought it brand new when he was a lad - number 47 in the world, and one of 6 shipped to Australia direct from Japan (before AMI started assembling them here)

So he was planning to use your KE11 parts to fix up his KE10 - although his KE10 is straight, there are a few things that wore out over the years lol!!

I can see if I can get a photo at some point for you - I know how much these cars can mean to some people - like me and the FROG lol

Yeah I'll get some better pics in sunlight one day!

Cheers,

KJ :-)

• 8 months later...