20 Valve Into Ae71/ae86/ke70

• 2 years later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 8 months later...

just a question ive got a 20V silver top in my little ke10 its got all the rwd set up but no hoses I didnt fit the set up and I'm not sure what goes where .Has anyone got a pick of there setup ?

With the quads are they water cooled ? If it is ,is it worth plumbing up ?

Ive had a look the 4a-ge water pump thread but dos'nt go into the 20v side of things

Anyway any help would much appreciated

• 1 year later...

Ok Ive come across a 20v silvertop motor at a sweet price, I read a bunch of threads saying its doable, then called an auto eleccy (does conversion harnesses) who told me the rear distributor is a BIG problem with the conversion into Ke70/ae71. Just wanted to ask if anyone has any clever solutions to overcome this?

(I see you can cut/ bash the firewall or there is a dizzy relocation option if you buy an aftermarket bracket type thing) or you can go individual coils for a wasted spark setup but I was hoping to keep the stock ecu and the auto leccy said these two arent really compatable.

Anyway just hoping someone more knowledgable than me can give us a heads up on the dizzy issue.

cheers,

Jes

Ok Ive come across a 20v silvertop motor at a sweet price, I read a bunch of threads saying its doable, then called an auto eleccy (does conversion harnesses) who told me the rear distributor is a BIG problem with the conversion into Ke70/ae71. Just wanted to ask if anyone has any clever solutions to overcome this?

(I see you can cut/ bash the firewall or there is a dizzy relocation option if you buy an aftermarket bracket type thing) or you can go individual coils for a wasted spark setup but I was hoping to keep the stock ecu and the auto leccy said these two arent really compatable.

Anyway just hoping someone more knowledgable than me can give us a heads up on the dizzy issue.

cheers,

Jes

Here you go:

http://www.sq-engineering.com/upgrade-parts/engine/4age-20v/20v-4age-distributor-kit.html

All you need is a socket set and allen keys. Real easy and quick job too.

The pic on the engine is of the older kit, these new V5 models are machiend out of a solid block. I need to take an updated photo of one of the new kits fitted to my test engine.

I also suggest having a look at the other products:

http://www.sq-engineering.com/upgrade-parts/engine/4age-20v.html

http://www.sq-engineering.com/replacement-parts/engine/4age-20v.html

Running coilpacks on the stock ECU has been done and some get it to work well, others have tried without any success. Either way it makes the coils prone to cook. I personally don't suggest it.