schrgdrolla

Need A Sub Box Designed?

I have been going through my old disk and found a copy of N.A.M.E LoudSpeaker Architect. It derives box sizes and frequency for ported and sealed boxes. Also it will calculate crossover windings for hand wound crossovers and volt drop for system power loss. Give me a week or two, to catch up and remember how to drive it properly and if anyone is interested I can send them box sizes for home built custom boxes. Cutting measurements and all. Also it can figure out a golden ratio box that will stop reverb inside the box.

Requires t/s parameters for best results, most can be found through brand of sub's website, or on the box it came in.

If your interested leave a reply and Ill try help you out.

Edited by Tiger

Members dont see this ad

It's like the program I use BassBox Pro 6. Hasn't let me down yet :jamie:

Edited by Tiger

OK.... IF anybody needs a box designed... all that is required is the following specs, or T/S Parameters on your sub:

Fs (Resonance Frequency) Example: 32Hz

Qts (Total Q Factor) Example: .535

Vas (Equivalent Volume) Example: 0.42 cu.ft.

Post up in here and we can determine what size enclosure and what STYLE enclosure is recommended :D

http://www.goldcoastcarsound.com.au/index....uctdetail/id/84

been meaning to post up for ages and now I'm looking and custom making a box because ill have ZERO boot space in the white ke70 with this box, and it wont be much use because their is a 45L lpg tank between the rear wheel arches where the box sits in delores...sooo, wondering whats my best option on dimensions for a box and whether i should go ported or sealed.

the box they are in is ported, however the subs lack crispness, i noticed when listening to triple M older rock stuff. so hmm, not sure if its just the subs or if its the box

well enough going on, can you help me out with that info, its all i could find and theres nothing on the box :locked:

cheers guys! :)

I just need to find the Thiele Small Parameters on these puppies and I'll give you an answer... unless you have them already. I need the following specs:

Fs (Resonance Frequency)

Qts (Total Q Factor)

Vas (Equivalent Volume)

sorry tiger, all the info i have on these subs is whats in that link

hope you have more luck finding info than me :locked:

Anything between 0.8 to 1.0 cubic feet sealed will get the best response.

That's small enough for you :jamie:

Hope this helps

so do i haha

so we're talking 1.6 to 2 cubic feet for the pair.

would you recomend segregating the 2 halves of the box or does it make no difference?

or could i have one on either side of the boot or does firing them at each other cause bad things?

maybe we can have a chat on msn about it sometime, havnt seen u in a while tho :jamie:

lol, another question, where did you find the info or is it just a standard recomendation?

cheers for the info tiger :D your a legend

Divide the 2 subs. I find that you only benefit with more output in a dedicated ported SPL designed enclosure if you don't divide the 2 boxes. Which, this isn't going to be an dB drag car, so don't bother :jamie:

Split the two up completely if you want. Slighty fire them on an offset, not so much directly firing into each other as sometimes you experience cancellation of the subs

They guys from GCCS said this is what they found worked best for the sub via email. so I'd be thanking them than you would me :D I'm just the in betweener here :P hahaha They didn't have the info I wanted and they couldn't provide, as they are becoming an obselete driver, due to the new range coming soon. So that's why either I'd get my hands on the info of any sub either online, or it pays to ask the original owner for what they found was best for the driver in question.

cheers tiger. once the car is running ill be focussing some energy on redesigning my system and may be chasing you again for those tarantuala 6x9's....but uni is interfering atm :)

and then ill use the 2x150rms jaycar amp to power those

and then get one big or amp. or 2 more to run the subs stronger, with around 350 rms to each sub

and I'm diverging. but this is gonna be fun haha :)

thankyou again and again for all the help you provide :)

ok this thread is a bit old, but i kind of need a box thats shorter than the alpine prefab box (car is a subaru impreza 07), the alpine prefab box doesnt fit.

sub is an alpine SWR-1222D

Fs: 28hz

Qts: 0.42

Vas: 45L/1.6ft^3

would i need a ported box?

my puny 1cu ft box atm doesnt play low tones.. and i want low AND fast if u know what i mean

thanks

Yo i got two cheap arse 6x9's and a 800w pioneer sub, but i don't know how to find out the specs your requiring for getting the right box, these are going in my ke38 wagon and even with cheap dodgey boxes they sounded sweet in the back :y:

any help would be appreciated :)