Underground Garage Projects

David

here is some pictures from when I built the wagon

dsc02282.jpg

2mm steel at bolt and 1.1mm elsewhere

dsc02302.jpg

had to cut out some metal from the rear seats to make them fit after this, but it's not noticeable when sitting in the seat

dsc02304.jpg

underside:

AE86 rear axle is not modified at all, using stock mounts

using front leaf spring mount, but had to modify them by weld a plate ( used 3mm I think ) as seen in the picture above

using uniballs with left and right hand thread and seamless 25mm tube if I remember correct

lower link is slightly longer and upper link is exact same length as the stock AE86/KE70 lower linkage

panhard rod is from TA60, because I didn't have enough uniballs and the bushings was very good

remember this car was built in 2 weeks everything including respray the yellow color, engine swap including rewiring of the car and rear axle work, etc and all parts was just parts and stuff laying around in my workshop so the quality of the work is not my best

dsc02278.jpg

upper shock mounts had to be built since the stock wagon shocks is mounted in a 45 degree or so angle

not your average te71...

dsc01962.jpg

dsc01960.jpg

Edited by David

Members dont see this ad

hey

great build so far the racer looks good, nice work drifting in the wagon

i so love the sports sedan rolla but it would be bad if it had a v8

keep up the good work can't wait for next update!!

jimi

Edited by jimi91

• 7 months later...

long time since last update now, I haven't done much except drifting the wagon

the wagon is not seam welded at all, but I've built a rollcage in it, the chassis is still way too soft for serious competition..

the saloon car has not V8, when it was built it had a 16v 18R-G 152E turbo engine with approx 560hp using mechanical injection I believe, but I bought it without an engine so I will build a beams turbo with approx the same hp figures as the original engine had

motorras.jpg

ras.jpg

midnightclub-05-09-10.jpg

sladd.jpg

http://david.toyotatuning.no/MOV00017.3gp

theres a hole in your block....

lol

tell us more?

well.. the engine blew because it overheated, conrod broke in 3 pieces,piston in 1000 pieces, crankshaft got damaged and all valves was bent in that cylinder

but I got the head repaired and used another block so it was ready for race again after 5 days

Edited by David

• 1 month later...

hey all, since last update I've bought the te71 racecar, and on the way to my new garage or workshop some idiot crashed in me from behind.. it's repairable but it will take longer time than expected to get this car up and going again

on the ferry from denmark to norway

35474_1746356820517_1286670103_31975896_4111547_n.jpg

the crash:

66876_1750496924017_1286670103_31985125_2723003_n.jpg

72609_1750498964068_1286670103_31985135_2011804_n.jpg

156687_1750501284126_1286670103_31985146_1554215_n.jpg

the damage he did:

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

what's good is that I'm good at working with fibreglass, so when I get money from the insurance I can use that on a new engine etc and do the bodywork myself

the car came without an engine, originally it had a 152E ( 18R-G 16v ) turbo on 1.6-1.7bar boost with approx 560hp

the car has been parked for over 10 years, the engine has disapeared, it blew in '99 and the engine builder that was going to repair it has disapered and his workshop closed for many years ago

so I will use a beams turbo, and I can't have less power than it had before! aiming for 600hp

here I have cleaned the engine bay, ready for test fitting a 3sge beams

DSC00050.JPG

I'm using the gearbox that came with the car because I believe even it's a steel box W50 it has better gear ratio's than a 6speed altezza or anything other I could afford at the moment

the ratio's is as following:

1: 2.5

2: 1.6

3: 1.25

4: 1:1

5: 0.85

please not I have not counted each gear, this is only approx by telling how many times I have to turn input shaft in order to get output shaft turn 1 turn..

first I mounted this bellhousing on a dummy beams motor

DSC00057.JPG

but it was for beams to alloy W5*

as seen here left is R engine to steel W50, on the right is beams to alloy W55-58

DSC00059.JPG

but next day I had found a bellhousing that fits

DSC00061.JPG

and the engine was in!

DSC00071.JPG

DSC00073.JPG

DSC00065.JPG

it was a really tight fit, but I will drysump this engine so I can lower it 1-2cm or so, and maybe perhaps if I'm lucky the stock inlet manifold will fit!

I mounted the engine so the gearbox sits where it "originally" sat, so I can use the tailshaft that followed the car etc

some other specs on the car

front brakes is approx 304x32mm on unknown ( AP or alcon?) 4pot alloy calipers, 40mm spacer adapter from 4x114,3 to ford 4x108, 11x16" 3piece magnesium wheels at front

te71's originally had recirculating ball steering but this one has rack'n pinion!

crossmember is not original and it's welded in

rack'n pinion is mounted at front of front axle and custom steering arms with zero ackerman are in use

all pillowball on all suspension pickup points

control arms looks like TRD types that's turn around to have traction rods mounted rearwards

adjustable rollbar mounted in alloy blocks

and bilstein 40mm upside down motorsport shocks, unknown sitffness and springrate

DSC00020.JPG

rear suspension is 4link with wattlink, using stock bottom chassis mounts, TRD 4link boxes in the backseat, lower 4link mount on rear axle seems lowered some

axle is a fully floating atlas axle with ford 4x108 bolt spacing

approx 300x22mm beakes on unknown ( AP or alcon perhaps) 2pot alloy calipers, 90mm spacer and 13x16" magnesium wheels

bilstein coilovers of some sort, have yet to checked exactly what

DSC00033.JPG

the cockpit needs some new paint and so

old skool dashlogger with oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, exhaust gas temp and RPM

and a industry type boost pressure gauge

DSC00037.JPG

DSC00041.JPG

noo... that would be heartbreaking! Just as you're taking it home someone smacks it! Still, now you know what will happen when someone plows into the back of it in the "first corner traffic jam."

If it is hard to get parts for the 3SGE you can try Nick in Altezzaclub. He's the TRD manager in Auckland, so parts would be cheaper but the freight might kill it.

The wheel spacers look stunning!

• 3 weeks later...