Underground Garage Projects

David

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 months later...

done some more work with the steering geometry in the cressida, I have now approx 72 degrees of lock

I'm making some frames right now to start "massproduction" for ke70/ae86/rx30/etc

I guess it will be too expensive for you in Australia, not only because because of production costs and the currency here in Norway, but also shipping costs.

but if interested even it will be very expensive, here is what you need to get over 70 degree's of lock:

custom crossmember with new suspension pickups for better geometry, and moving the rack'npinion to a better position

custom lower control arms to avoid tire rubbing

custom steering knuckles, shorter and altered to get more lock

custom inner and outer tie rods to get more lock, better geometry and longer length

good steering response, no massive camber or other problems like when using the wisefab kits/etc

fully drivable on street(legally is your problem) almost stock ackermann

corrected geometry from factory, and after lowering

up to 72 degree's of lock(depends on wheel offsett/clearance) the cressida rubs the tires against the frame alittle earlier(approx 65degrees) than the rack is at max travel, with spacers/new rims and flares/more stance it will go clear! (now: 7x14et0)