Need Help Identifying A Part (very Urgent)

Sim

Hey guys I'm needing some help figuring out what this mount thingo is, i dunno if its just for the stabiliser bars on either side or whatever. basically i need to know as i need to ditch mine on my ke26 and get some better condition ones as when the dude that owned the car before me made up the engine mounts for the rotary he welded the absolute shit out of those 2 mounts and blew holes n warped em etc n my panel beater can't fix them n would b easier to start fresh, since i need to have my engine mounts relocated anyway.

heres what I'm talking about as I'm not great at explaining myself.

also if anyone would know where i could track them down, if anyone knows of any ke20s being wrecked etc. as i need both left and right mounts.

this is very urgent as my panel beater can't really do anything more until i find suitable mounts.

cheers.

mount.jpg

Members dont see this ad

It's the front attachment point for the radius rods.

Radius rod goes from the bottom of the strut (it bolts to the lower control arm) to that bracket. It provides the front to back location for the strut bottom.

cheers,

Slapper

how exactly are they attached to the car??

4 bolts each ... 2 at the front to the rail under the radiator, 2 at the rear to the chassis rails.

Agreed - a wrecker should be easy enough to sort.

If you go to a u-pullit type deal, you'll need to remove the swaybar to get the brackets as they go through them if I recall correctly.

cheers,

Slapper

The problem of course being that drivers side bracket sits directly below the battery on a KE2x, thus rust.

If it was me, I would be investigating whether a KE3x one is identical or not, from memory the battery is on the passenger side.

Just a thought.

i have some ke3x ones in the shed i can measure/possibly drop off to you on sunday if you'd like Sim.

EDIT: Hell, i've got time today so i'll check the ke3x ones against the ones on my ke20 :y:

Edited by dfunkt

theres a ke20 at the wreckers here, pretty sure they are still on the car. If i can get my gearbox sorted i can get them tomorrow if they're still there, weather permitting

Edited by SLO-030

thanks for all the replies and for the effort dfunkt, I'm waiting on a reply from a bloke that said he has them in his ke20 that he's wrecking so hopefully they aren't rusted out and are usable, so i can get things moving again with my pano!

:)

i was down at pick-n-go yesterday taking the tailshaft out of the ke25 that was there, and totally forgot about your part :)

the front struts are still there, so i'd guess the stabiliser mounts are also still there if you wanted to check it out.