T-series Axles

demuire

Members dont see this ad

there are more than 3 types of axles for T-series diff's, this is mainly in the length of the axle, but there's spline and bearing differences also.

a T-series LSD will NOT fit a KE70 Japanese or Australian.

As for putting a TRD LSD into a T-series diff, if it's the right LSD for that diff there's no problem.

Zenki and Kouki refer to AE86 axles only, early and late, and the splines are 24 and 25.

david: the AE86 disc brake diff will bolt straight in, the only thing to change is the drive shaft flange, make sure if you buy one of these diff's it has the hand brake cables with it.

TRD_ke70: Zenki and Kouki also apply to the center, since the axle size and splines are different.

20v_ke35: AE86 LSD's are for T-series diffs. If you find another T-series diff from another car, then it will probably fit. Else, no, it won't.

TRD_ke70: Zenki and Kouki also apply to the center, since the axle size and splines are different.

20v_ke35: AE86 LSD's are for T-series diffs. If you find another T-series diff from another car, then it will probably fit. Else, no, it won't.

yip spot on. Zenki is the small spline 24, and Kouki is the large spline 25.

Tony tells me that if you fit a TRD LSD to a diff with Kouki axles, you do have to machine 5mm off the ends of the axles, check out club4age.com, has more info about this.

does anyone know what Australian driveshaft flange bolts up to a JDM AE86 diff???

TRD_ke70: Yes I've heard the same about machining. Only if you use non-LSD axles with the TRD LSD. Apparently other brand LSD's (like Cusco, Kaaz etc) don't have this issue.

As for driveshaft flange, no idea. Have never seen anything quite like it. I'm assuming you don't have the original axles?

If you are using non LSD axles, be zenki or kouki they will need to be shortend. But that only applies to factory or TRD LSD's. AFAIK everything else will take both LSD and NON LSD as long as they are the same type ie zenki axles to zenki diff... etc.

I would assume a t-18 driveshaft flange would bolt up to a JDM AE86 diff.

I'm assuming you don't have the original axles?

we do have the right axles, the diff we brought has a trd LSD. That now makes 2xAE86 TRD LSD's and one JDM KE70 TRD LSD.

your one stop TRD shop :D

how was that for good luck. :)

the T-18 flange will bolt up, the problem is finding one with replaceable U/J's, because we use a one piece tailshaft we have to beable to change the flange over and not the whole drive shaft.

apparently the T-18 has 2 or 3 drive shafts, it's just trying to find the right one.

I think all of them are non-replaceable unis. Mine are non replaceable too (front half is AE86, rear half is RA23), and it's a real PITA. I've heard of people machining out the original unis and replacing them with something else, or something along those lines. I don't know the details, but would be interested in finding out.

• 2 months later...