Ke10 Tie Rod Ends And Bushes

Gday mate. No need for your "expert" attitude. No one here has made any outlandish claims, lets just keep it friendly.

Your information has reaffirmed felix's point. We're all reading from the same page. Cool. :P

Edited by philbey

Members dont see this ad

On the topic of consumable parts for a KE1X series.

A few weeks back I placed an order for rear shackle kit from Fulcrum part number: SPF0049K and they also no longer make this kit and they had none in stock. So like the idler arm kit which I tried to order again they have stopped making it. Also I went back to the shop yesterday to see if he could get my parts and he couldn't. So that info is current as far as I know they have discontinued the fulcrum range of KE1X bushes.

BUT plenty of those front spring eye bushes in stock which are to big..LOL

I think the only way to find these bad boys now will be to search surplus stock and that.

Cheers

Cameron

warrenfromtonny WTF are you going on about????

If your comments were directed at me, I was talking about the Superpro front spring eye bushes not fitting. I bought a set and there is no way they will fit.

Nobody said anything about the rear shackle bushes not fitting (which work fine and were fitted to my car 5 years or so ago).

Cam I have an extra set of Superpro Idler arm bushes NIP. :P Not for sale though.

pity about the spf0049k bushes. i got some in thru supercheap auto in march and they came straight in. this thread might need to turn into a pettition to get falcrum to start reproducing the bushes. :P .here are the measurements if anyone one wants to get them machined up or match them to something else.

rear shackle bushes

OD 24mm

ID 10mm

Depth (includes lip) 30.6mm

Lip 4.5mm

these where measured of my new bushes (no wear) and you require 8 of these

as for my comments b4 i was talking about things posted over the internet as a whole (not directed at felix). i generally find rolla club as a reliable source but will always double check anyway (after making the mistake of beliving the first thing i read). i found this thread and hoped i could help iron clad some things as well.

DONE... Going to super cheap on pay day going to see what bushes I can order..LOL

HAHAH Felix I know what you mean about not wanting to sell the bush kit. If you saw the hoard of consumable bits I'm sitting on for the 15 people would scream..LOL

But I know when I got my KE30 done at pedders earlier this year. They do a rear spring eye bush kit for KE1X was in there book. Might have to see what they got.

Cheers

Cameron

But I know when I got my KE30 done at pedders earlier this year. They do a rear spring eye bush kit for KE1X was in there book. Might have to see what they got.

Yea, I looked at their e-catalog and the rear shackle bushes are the only ones they have listed for a ke1x.

And if warrenfromtonny is having a go at me, my source was the fulcrum catalogue which I could reasonably expect to provide accurate information. Not hand me down posts from other forums.

If anyone has a set of leaf spring shackles that are too big for KE1x's but correct for late KE2x per Felix, whose experience I don't doubt, I am happy to take them off your hands.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Holy thread resurrection Batman.

Just found these on ebay. Presumably SuperPro elected to make another run? Or perhaps old ones.

Edit: Wrong link :doh:

Note they also sell the rear eye bushes previously noted as incorrect

Edited by parrot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey picked up some fine thread tierod ends yesterday from sprint auto parts. You can still get em but only shelf stock left, can still order corse thread 1s. It was a surprise to find these still avalible.cheers