Parrot's Sprinter & Levin Shed

parrot

• 1 year later...
Members dont see this ad

Nothing exciting. Shell arrived safely. Import monster did a great job. Spent a morning getting it rolling and currently it is stored awaiting time which I never seem to have any of. Whilst of course it needs some welding, I was pleasantly surprised by its condition.

On arrival, strapped to a pallet, it didn't have one single nut, bolt or screw on it, other than the screws retaining the build plate. Aaron thought I was crazy! Why didn't you just bring in a complete car he says. Well for a start you are looking at a minimum of about $14,000 in Japan, and with associated shipping, fees etc - it will be around $20K when it gets here. I believe the TE37 they brought in cost around $10K. i already have all necessary parts from my donor KE25, plus every single TE27 specific part so it wasn't too hard a decision to make. I blame TE278U who put the idea in my head!

post-4909-0-20502500-1375340204_thumb.jpg

So after loading a few necessary items in the back of the car, it was out to Bayswater to get it moveable.

post-4909-0-14322800-1375340211_thumb.jpg

This is how it looks at the moment.

post-4909-0-77869100-1375339745_thumb.jpg

If you're keen, there is another one on Yahoo right now.........

Definitely looks like a viable option, considering you have a lot of the other parts!

The other one of Yahoo Auctions does appear to be quite similar to your shell (actually I thought it was the same photo you originally put up) but there does appear to be quite a bit of rust in the other shell.

Mick.

Don't worry, my shell has rust too. My shell came from the same seller. It was only worth doing since I was going to build a replica anyway and had all the bits. If you just want to put a 2TG in and make various modifications, I certainly wouldn't bother.

It could be worth it depending on how much time, money and skills you have, but for most people it would not be worth it unless you have a mass collection of genuine TE27 gear, which you seem to have.

Interesting question, do you have all original trimmings and bits to go in the '27? Or have you had to be reproduction parts on bits you couldn't find?

Nonetheless, will be good to see how it progresses. I imagine time is the toughest thing to find at the moment?

Edited by Mic

Everything is original, even down to correct NOS windscreen, door & boot seals and complete set of new badges (not the $2500 set on ebay recently!). Two exceptions, I have fibreglass rear flares. The front flares are genuine NOS. Plus seat skins courtesy of modify.

I have put a great deal of effort into sourcing all of this stuff believe me

That's good to hear. Definitely makes the value go up, not just monetary but sentimental as well knowing the effort to source all the parts.

Are you going to add the 'race' ductail and front fender? Or purely keeping it a factory look?

Also, are you planning on running the original wheels? I looked over the rest of this thread but I couldn't see any mention about the wheels; original or aftermarket.

No ducktails or chin spoilers for me.

I have sourced some period correct Enkei Rally wheels in 13 x 6, not a fan of the pressed steel rims. Also don't think they look right with 14's or larger, although tyres are problematic in 13's. If I get keen and do a sprint or something in it, I could always just bung the AE86 rims/tyres on it for the day.