Sprinter Ke17 Sl, Sold !. Heading To Qld !

After 12 years my wife thinks it might be time to part with her KE17 SL Sprinter. Car is all original except for the twin SU carbies. With a little work could be re registered as a daily ( used to be her daily driver ) or a great base for a full resto. Planning on getting it out from the back of the shed soon. Thought i'd post it here before letting it loose on Ebay. Would really like to see it go real enthusiast, not to be chopped or modified!

Has been sold to an enthusiast north of the border. Look out for it at the All Japanese Day.

post-834-1248860150_thumb.jpg

post-834-1248860264_thumb.jpg

post-834-1278501090_thumb.jpg

post-834-1278501174_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gavclassic

Members dont see this ad

To answer most of the PM's i've received; what would it need to get re registered?. From memory from the last time i had it out which was about a year ago, it will need some rust repairs to the bottom of the front guards, some along the seem along the firewall, the brakes were a bit seized, radiator and replace hoses. I'll hope to get it out this weekend to take fresh pics and check it over again. More Pics!

post-834-1248949453_thumb.jpg

post-834-1248949569_thumb.jpg

To answer most of the PM's i've received; what would it need to get re registered?. From memory from the last time i had it out which was about a year ago, it will need some rust repairs to the bottom of the front guards, some along the seem along the firewall, the brakes were a bit seized, radiator and replace hoses. I'll hope to get it out this weekend to take fresh pics and check it over again. More Pics!

mate. i cannot believe no one has jumped on this one................ again such a rare opportunity to have what is a dying breed. hope it goes to a loving home keep old school on the road !!!!!!!!!!

damn i have been looking 4 a 17 like this 4 some time i just have a few questions regarding it I would have sent a PM but arent allowed 2 yet

does it have the original k engine with factory headers?

has it ever been in an accident? (how many owners has it had)

are u willing to send it 2 adelaide?

is the price negotiable?

does it come with any spare parts? as they are damn tough to find cheers

would love 2 have a talk on the phone could u pm or email me your mobile no.

Finally got the time to get the Sprinter out from the back of the shed. After putting a battery in it, pumping away at the accelerator peddle she fired up!. Moving it was the next problem. The left front caliper was seized and the rears were a little bit tight. After removing the inside left front brake pad and giving the rear drums a little tap with the hammer we were away!!

The worst of the rust is in the lower section of the drivers front guard and in the section just behind the guard. The passenger guard is still very much repairable with only little holes in it. The doors are also good, only along the inner bottom edge/seam is there any rust non of which has broken through to the outside. The sills, floors. boot floor and behind the rear wheels are very good. There are a few small holes around the clips for the sill mould also under the right rear quarter waste mould and under the right rear side window trim ( see pics )There are also a few small holes in the engine bay along the seam in the fire wall.

Most of the bright work is good, the rear bar has a few small dents and has gone a little dull, the rear tail light surrounds are pitted so to are the front guard indicator surrounds. All the badges are there, the centre Toyota boot badge is in the glove box. The drivers seat will need a little repair but the rest of the interior is very good and all original for a 39 year old car. I've taken the front floor sections of carpet out to clean them, will have them back in when they dry.

post-834-1249804059_thumb.jpg

post-834-1249804160_thumb.jpg

I hereby decree:

If the purchaser of this vehicle intends to molest it in any way, shove a ridiculous non-period correct toyota engine in it, tubeframe and drag race it, or otherwise not RESTORE it in a sensible manner...

I will pay a homeless person to go to your house, defecate on your furniture, and steal the car from you.

So sayeth Uncle Shady.

:lolcry:

Meh. who wants to go slow...! :P

Someone buy it, slam & put in a 13bt/ Sr20

keep exterior the same though.

:)

Nothing wrong with going slow. Gives people a chance to ogle your ride, even stop you for a chat, take photo's, wave, cheer, look astonished, marvel, remeniss (sp?) etc etc.

I am with 7shades on this and will happily chip in for the homeless person. :lolcry: